The Student Room Group

Being off ill whilst on probation period at Asda.

Hi, I recently started working at Asda about three weeks ago, so I'm still in my 12 week probation period. I had to come home early yesterday due to being unwell and unfortunately I am still not well today (Sunday 24th August). This is the first time I've been off ill, I've not missed any other shifts and my next shift is Wednesday 27th August, which I will be better for! What I'm worrying about is whether I'm likely to be let go because of this. Obviously people get ill and it can't always be avoided, but I'm worried about it because it's still a probation period. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by irnblair
Hi, I recently started working at Asda about three weeks ago, so I'm still in my 12 week probation period. I had to come home early yesterday due to being unwell and unfortunately I am still not well today (Sunday 24th August). This is the first time I've been off ill, I've not missed any other shifts and my next shift is Wednesday 27th August, which I will be better for! What I'm worrying about is whether I'm likely to be let go because of this. Obviously people get ill and it can't always be avoided, but I'm worried about it because it's still a probation period. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

I don't it will affect your probation period, I mean it can't be helped that you're unwell, it can't be avoided. I'm sure that your manager will appreciate that you're not in work passing it on to other colleagues and customers and that you're getting better :smile:! Get well soon :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending