The Student Room Group

Boyfriend wants me to lose weight

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ryan-Slade
**** Him ( NOT Literally) If he isn't 100% happy with you as you're then stuff him, Someone out there will think you're perfect exactly as you're. No man should ask his girl to change, No matter what, You should love someone for who they're. Guys (Or girls) who have the nerve to ask someone to change don't deserve them in the first place.

What you do is up to you. BUT DON'T CHANGE FOR ANYONE!!!!

Nobody is perfect, and you can love someone but still be aware of their faults and encourage them to work on them. Also, if you love someone surely you'll try to make then happy and be the best for them?
Original post by TheArch
Your boyfriend should appreciate what you currently have. If he isn't 'satisfied' with that, then he's probably not worth it. You shouldn't have to live for others' standards and trying to impress others. Live for yourself, not for anyone else.

If he was unhappy he'd leave. Clearly, he loves her and wants to be with her but sees things she could improve and when asked, gives his honest opinion.
Original post by MelaMelaMela
You do what you want to. If you want to loose weight you should do it for no boyfriend. Boyfriends come and go your Heath and well-being doesn't.

Who's to say losing weight won't be good for her health and well being? It's sad that losing weight is immediately seen as negative, 2/3 of the population is overweight or obese. If OP is really skinny sure, but it's ridiculous to just assume that.
Original post by ChickenMadness
It's like dressing up nicely for your partner. Or doing something for them to make them happy. It's just a selfless thing you can do to make someone else happy. Also has no negative affects on you either.

You have full control over what weight you want and the body you want. It's not like asking someone to get plastic surgery to change their face.

Shh, they'll hear you.
Original post by David B
So your basically saying if she doesn't lose weight she doesn't love him? He shouldn't care about her weight if he loved her enough. Weight doesn't define who a person is, but for some reason it's the biggest issue for most people.

If she doesn't make an effort for him, and instead breaks up with him for answering honestly, then yes, she doesn't seem to love him. He's not breaking up with get over it, or even kicking up a fuss so it's not that he's saying it defines her at all - he said she's beautiful anyway.
Original post by joker12345
If she doesn't make an effort for him, and instead breaks up with him for answering honestly, then yes, she doesn't seem to love him. He's not breaking up with get over it, or even kicking up a fuss so it's not that he's saying it defines her at all - he said she's beautiful anyway.

You do realise I answered somebody's quote and not the OP. If I were to answer the OP I would say something entirely different :rolleyes:
Nobody is perfect, and you can love someone but still be aware of their faults and encourage them to work on them. Also, if you love someone surely you'll try to make then happy and be the best for them?

Very true, But just because you see faults in them doesn't neccesariy mean you should point them out and suggest that they should change... As for that, if they're happy as they are, why suggest they change... Just a thought.
Original post by Ryan-Slade
Very true, But just because you see faults in them doesn't neccesariy mean you should point them out and suggest that they should change... As for that, if they're happy as they are, why suggest they change... Just a thought.

But he didn't just point them out, he answered honestly when asked. Well, it depends on whether change would be for the better - if someone's a unfit losing weight would be good for their health and has shown to be a great confidence booster too - it does sound like OP might be lacking confidence. There's nothing wrong with wanting someone to be the best version of themselves, but if it became the be all and end all, ie lose weight or I'll end this, that's where it's a problem.
Who's to say losing weight won't be good for her health and well being? It's sad that losing weight is immediately seen as negative, 2/3 of the population is overweight or obese. If OP is really skinny sure, but it's ridiculous to just assume that.

K.
Do not loose weight because some lad told you to, if you feel comfortable with your size then you should stay who you are. I would be humiliated if some lad told me to loose weight as it is a sensitive issue already.
I think you should chuck him and find somebody who thinks you are perfect with the way you look and your size x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending