The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Worried about being stressed!

Hi, I suffer from depression and being in a stressful situation makes it a lot harder to deal with. Im worried that im not going to cope well at uni, or make any friends, or fit in at all. Ive been getting a lot better and am off medication but i dont want this experience to be bad for me, i want to enjoy it! Please any advice?
Dear Avie,
We are so pleased to be welcoming you to the University of Surrey, we are sure you will enjoy it once you get here. There will lots to do and new people to meet. I'm sure you are not alone in being unsure about the whole process but we will make sure you are well looked after. If you are living in halls there are people there to support you from your Wardens to Mentors as well as our Centre for Wellbeing, you can find more information here. http://www.surrey.ac.uk/currentstudents/health/

Perhaps you would like to talk to someone from the Centre for Wellbeing Team - they can offer you some really great advice. If you would like to Private Message us with your name and preferred contact information we can arrange for someone to contact you.

I hope this helps, we can't wait to see you at Surrey!

Best wishes
Lizzy
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending