The Student Room Group

Reichstag Fire

I am doing my a level history coursework on the Reichstag fire and we have to consider all schools of thought, intentionalist, structualist and consensus views. However, I am struggling to find any historians who support the structualist view which is the communists started the fire.

Can anyone help?
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by DanAmos97
I am doing my a level history coursework on the Reichstag fire and we have to consider all schools of thought, intentionalist, structualist and consensus views. However, I am struggling to find any historians who support the structualist view which is the communists started the fire.

Can anyone help?

Why would structuralist historians think the communists started the fire?
What would be more interesting is how they interpret the significance of the event. They would most likely treat it as indicative of 'a state of exception' (Although have to concede this is a flag of post-structuralism).
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Why would structuralist historians think the communists started the fire?

As that's what they believe

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean?
Reply 6
To gain an advantage in the March 5th elections

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perhaps we are talking about different groups of historians. To me structuralist historians of the Nazi era believe that events such as the Holocaust came about through the structures of the state rather than via a carefully planned policy, which is the intentionalist view. As such, I cannot see why structuralists would believe that communists caused the reichstag fire.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending