The Student Room Group

What's the thing you've learnt most from your ex?

Scroll to see replies

Not exactly an ex but...

Be honest to God 100% crystal clear about what you want, what you are willing to put up with, be absolutely honest at all times.

There is absolutely no point in pursuing a guy who has several other girls on his mind as well. That will only end in disaster.
I've learnt if there's an issue you think you can ignore/live with/get used to, you can't.
Original post by joker12345
But, it's sad. Wouldn't you like to find someone you can give 100% of yourself to?

I did find someone like that but tbh I'm not sure it's worth it or that healthy :nah: Wasn't in my case at least! :nah:
Original post by trustmeimlying1

Hmm I'm not sure I agree. You need to trust...be sceptical sure but trust. Give the benefit of the doubt but importantly realise and accept the consequences of trusting them. You can't just blame them afterwards..as you chose to trust them.

I just think trusting fully is giving your whole self to them. If a relationship fails, it could lead to a self destructive path since you've got nothing left of yourself to take care of. At least that's what happened to me.

Does that make sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15
I just think trusting fully is giving your whole self to them. If a relationship fails, it could lead to a self destructive path since you've got nothing left of yourself to take care of. At least that's what happened to me.

Does that make sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile

youve got everything to take care off.I agree balancing your life on someone else is never a good thing but that doesn't mean you can't trust them fully...
When he says he loves you and he wants to be with you forever you realise he can't know for sure but right now that's all his heart is telling him.

I think its dangerous in relationships not to trust others.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
I've learned that no matter how badly you get your heart broken and no matter how much it changes your life that it is possible to pick yourself back up, put your life back together and be the one who gets to hold their head high with strength and dignity. There is always light at the end of the tunnel.
To say no and not to say yes because I'm too much of a wimp to say no.
Reply 48
You can never take back words after they have been spoken...
Original post by Arthraxia

My third and most recent ex:
If you don't have ANY common interests, chances are your relationship won't work!

This is the problem I had. The only thing we had in common is running. (we met at a running club) But other than that, I didn't share any of his interests at all.
Don't change the way you feel about yourself to please him.

Don't censor yourself and keep second guessing.

His problems are his own, not yours.

Soup tastes nice (random, I know). It's also easier to spot "fake nice guys", if you know what I mean.
Reply 51
Don't give your everything to someone who isn't willing to meet you halfway.
That "you're the only girl I'll ever love" is either a lie, or that my ex deserves to be an actor in a top film judging by the performance he's pulling off.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
That "you're the only girl I'll ever love" is either a lie, or that my ex deserves to be an actor in a top film judging by the performance he's pulling off.

Haha, agreed!
Reply 54
Tbh when I was with my exes I was a lot younger, quite clingy and a bit psycho. I guess they all showed me that side of me and gave me the motivation to pack it in.
Best thing I ever learnt from an ex...
One time don't join them in getting drunk. You'll soon spot the lies and untruths.
If you're suspcious about that female he always talks to, who he constantly calls darling, you have good reason to be. Turns out he was with her at the same time as me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending