The Student Room Group

History essay question!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Obiejess
This is up to ancient, where we are in class :smile:

I think we have a test after half time so I wnated to make sure I was writing an essay for the write bit :smile:

Have you familiarised yourself with the structure of the exam papers, both knowledge and source questions?
Original post by l'insegnante
Have you familiarised yourself with the structure of the exam papers, both knowledge and source questions?

Knowledge I totally get, sourec we've done no work on so far and I'd struggle with the approach tbh.

We do 1 year courses, so I'll sit the exam in June, but I've only just started doing History for the first time since Year 8. So far we've done coursework and up to Ancient medicine. That's it :frown:

We only started in september
Original post by Obiejess
Knowledge I totally get, sourec we've done no work on so far and I'd struggle with the approach tbh.

We do 1 year courses, so I'll sit the exam in June, but I've only just started doing History for the first time since Year 8. So far we've done coursework and up to Ancient medicine. That's it :frown:

We only started in september

I've done this course and also taught a little bit of it on teaching practice.
However in my experience it was done over two years, with the American West. The exam was sat at the end of the two years as both topics were covered on the same paper.

My best advice to you would be to stop thinking of doing more advanced questions, and concentrate on what is going to be on your actual exam, the structure of the paper and the questions you will be answering.

You could try looking at the source questions, just to familiarise yourself with them, and look at the mark schemes to see what they are looking for.
Original post by l'insegnante
I've done this course and also taught a little bit of it on teaching practice.
However in my experience it was done over two years, with the American West. The exam was sat at the end of the two years as both topics were covered on the same paper.

My best advice to you would be to stop thinking of doing more advanced questions, and concentrate on what is going to be on your actual exam, the structure of the paper and the questions you will be answering.

You could try looking at the source questions, just to familiarise yourself with them, and look at the mark schemes to see what they are looking for.

Our school likes to do things in a weird way. Hence why I have already sat a few gcses and an AS.

I'm essentially trying to revise for the exam when we get back, but have already run out GCSE revision materials and so I am aiming a bit higher, as this practice paper won't include source questions.

We start american west after christmas.

I'll look at source papers too though, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow medicine through time is so diff in my school 😿

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending