The Student Room Group

Adjustment - Accommodation?

In the unlikely event that I achieve my goal of AAA, I would be hoping to enter adjustment and find a place at a university in London - Imperial, LSE, etc. Does anyone know whether there will be any halls accommodation left at this point (based on past experiences?) or will I just have to see what is available at the time?
Original post by ChrisDay779
In the unlikely event that I achieve my goal of AAA, I would be hoping to enter adjustment and find a place at a university in London - Imperial, LSE, etc. Does anyone know whether there will be any halls accommodation left at this point (based on past experiences?) or will I just have to see what is available at the time?

For london university managed accommodation tends to be in short supply.

During the results period anyone entering adjustment is advised to ASK about accommodation when enquiring about places - that way you cannot end up committed to a university without anywhere to live.

As PQ said, most London based universities have fairly limited accommodation. However, this does mean that there may be other options available, e.g. private halls, UoL inter-collegiate accommodation, or assistance in finding suitable private rents.

LSE don't make any guarantees for students who don't apply for accommodation before 30th June. To me, this suggests that you probably won't get a halls place there.

Imperial's website seems to contradict itself, and the info is harder to find, however, they do explicitly say that only firm students will be guaranteed accommodation.

LSE and Imperial don't usually enter adjustment, UCL had a few places last year but I wouldn't get your hopes up about them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending