The Student Room Group

Why do people say gay people have H.I V?

why is this a belief if you're gay you have H.I.V? anal sex doesn't instantly give you the disease... the person who you are having it with would obviously need to have it to pass it on same as vaginal.. I'm not gay btw I would just like to know the story behind this myth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
oops double post

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
because statistically they are more likely to have it and people are stupid and presumptious
Original post by MrMango
why is this a belief if you're gay you have H.I.V? anal sex doesn't instantly give you the disease... the person who you are having it with would obviously need to have it to pass it on same as vaginal.. I'm not gay btw I would just like to know the story behind this myth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Kaiju
because statistically they are more likely to have it.

This.
In addition to the above, receptive anal sex is also the highest risk sexual contact.

Gay men in New York and San Francisco were the first people identified as having AIDS in the 80s I think. It was actually called GRID at first (gay related immune deficiency). Ryan White changed the perception that it only affected gay men. Nothing to do with your question OP but would recommend watching the Ryan White story tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest