Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people say gay people have H.I V? watch

ReputationRep:
    why is this a belief if you're gay you have H.I.V? anal sex doesn't instantly give you the disease... the person who you are having it with would obviously need to have it to pass it on same as vaginal.. I'm not gay btw I would just like to know the story behind this myth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    oops double post

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    because statistically they are more likely to have it and people are stupid and presumptious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMango)
    why is this a belief if you're gay you have H.I.V? anal sex doesn't instantly give you the disease... the person who you are having it with would obviously need to have it to pass it on same as vaginal.. I'm not gay btw I would just like to know the story behind this myth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Kaiju)
    because statistically they are more likely to have it.

This.

ReputationRep:
    In addition to the above, receptive anal sex is also the highest risk sexual contact.

Gay men in New York and San Francisco were the first people identified as having AIDS in the 80s I think. It was actually called GRID at first (gay related immune deficiency). Ryan White changed the perception that it only affected gay men. Nothing to do with your question OP but would recommend watching the Ryan White story tbh.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.