Why do people say gay people have H.I V? Watch

MrMango
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
why is this a belief if you're gay you have H.I.V? anal sex doesn't instantly give you the disease... the person who you are having it with would obviously need to have it to pass it on same as vaginal.. I'm not gay btw I would just like to know the story behind this myth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
MrMango
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
oops double post

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kaiju
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
because statistically they are more likely to have it and people are stupid and presumptious
Balloon Baboon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MrMango)
why is this a belief if you're gay you have H.I.V? anal sex doesn't instantly give you the disease... the person who you are having it with would obviously need to have it to pass it on same as vaginal.. I'm not gay btw I would just like to know the story behind this myth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Kaiju)
because statistically they are more likely to have it.

This.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In addition to the above, receptive anal sex is also the highest risk sexual contact.

Gay men in New York and San Francisco were the first people identified as having AIDS in the 80s I think. It was actually called GRID at first (gay related immune deficiency). Ryan White changed the perception that it only affected gay men. Nothing to do with your question OP but would recommend watching the Ryan White story tbh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (459)
38.06%
No - but I will (91)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (85)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (571)
47.35%

Watched Threads