The Student Room Group

Chemistry at Uni- haven't done maths AS/A level.

I have received offers from all 4/5 uni's I applied to for Chemistry with a year in industry.

Although all these uni's say that they don't require maths at AS/ A level, and have offered me a place, I am now worried that I will struggle a lot on the course, if everyone else has done maths. I have never struggled with maths, and should have really taken it AS because I was probably good enough, but was given bad advice. The last thing I want to do is have to drop out of the degree, because I really like Chemistry!!

Does anyone know how much support universities tend to give for Chem degrees for those who haven't done maths?
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending