The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
From the Oxford English Dictionary:

A woman (esp. a young woman) who is, or remains, in a state of inviolate chastity; an absolutely pure maiden or maid.

She is not in a state of inviolate chastity. She has been penetrated. She is therefore no longer a virgin.
:rofl:
Reply 42
*Fliss*
I'd go with the idea that if your hymen has broken due to penetration, then you're no longer a virgin. Just depends how you interpret losing your virginity.

It's got nothing to do with the hymen- they often break during exercise etc. horse-riding etc. :rolleyes:
Anonymous
Apologies for the stupidness of this thread

The other night I got with a guy, and we ended up doing some foreplay type stuff, which kinda led on to him trying to penetrate me. But because I'm a virgin and I wasnt really turned on at all it really hurt, so he didnt get very far and I stopped him fairly quickly, as in after like 10 seconds (yeah I know, I didnt persevere lol) In my opinion, this doesnt count as actually having sex- it was very brief, not pleasurable and just generally non sex. but he seems to think that we did. so does the fact that his cock was partly inside me for a short amount of time mean we had sex? surely not...but I was just curious what other peoples opinions on this are.

Sorry darlin, but yeah you are no longer a virgin - sex is sex regardless of how long it was up there 10 minutes to a second....still sex
Reply 44
Ha, I didn't realise I had become the subject of such debate

I feel truly **** now, but I'm gonna go with what someone said earlier about the philosophical notion of virginity. Ok so I had a guys cock inside me so I'm therefore technically not a virgin by definition, but the experience meant absolutely nothing to me, and nor did the guy, and until I lose it 'properly' with someone I care about I'll still consider myself a virgin. I just can't bear to let him think hes something special when in reality hes just a slimy using pervert. Ugh I have to live with him aswell :frown: But I've learnt a lesson at least!
Anonymous
I didn't realise. He seemed nice and while we were together, he was really sweet and sensitive. Plus I was very drunk (yeah I know I'm stupid) I'm so ****ing naive, I shoulda known he was only being like it to get what he wants.

to be quite frank niave doesnt seem to cover it here, stupid does.

If hes told every one that he took your virginity then saying that your still a virgin probably wont work.
Dont worry about it, youve lost it youve lost it. Join the majority of the world
quite possibly it went in alittle bit and was stretching your hymen ...hence the pain..hence stoppage SO your hymen might still be intact....get a mirrorand have a look if its still there..if it isnt just forget him and make sure to tell everyone teh white lie that you are still a virgin if its important to you that you are, if people say your lying just say that your not broken..they will never know any different.you can cancel this one out in your mind...and id say since you got penetrate slightly but did not really have sex then id say you were sort of still a virgin
Anonymous
Ha, I didn't realise I had become the subject of such debate

I feel truly **** now, but I'm gonna go with what someone said earlier about the philosophical notion of virginity. Ok so I had a guys cock inside me so I'm therefore technically not a virgin by definition, but the experience meant absolutely nothing to me, and nor did the guy, and until I lose it 'properly' with someone I care about I'll still consider myself a virgin. I just can't bear to let him think hes something special when in reality hes just a slimy using pervert. Ugh I have to live with him aswell :frown: But I've learnt a lesson at least!

I don't think you could be blamed if you let everyone know what a slime ball he is seeing as he's blatently bragging!
Reply 48
Anonymous
Oh crap :frown: Hes a total ****** so I was kinda hoping I could deny him what I think he sees as a 'victory'. Hes been bragging to everyone that he took my virginity. Grr. Tbh though, I still see myself as a virgin so I'll make my 'real' first time something special

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahaha
Esquire
I think it depends if your hymen broke and if there was blood at the scene. *oups too much Waking the Dead*

What on earth does that have to do with it?

to the point where her hymen is broken...or at least where her hymen was situated (in the case where her hymen could have been broken by some natural innocent act)

So the penis only needs to touch the hymen to lose your virginity? You realise that doesn't even involve any penetration, don't you...
Reply 50
Yes, for all intents and purposes, you are no longer a virgin, but, if you are going with the philosophical aspect, your second time will be your "first time" seeing as you'll have full, penetrative sex.

Try not to worry about it though, virginity is, in a sense, an over-rated theory, as it is just a state of mind, as opposed to a physical thing in a sense, as due to modern day life with activities which are likely to break the hymen, it is difficult to define. And for that lad, knee him in the balls, he'll certainly think twice about doing what he did to you to anyone else.

Sorry about it all though :hugs:
Reply 51
loser88
It's got nothing to do with the hymen- they often break during exercise etc. horse-riding etc.

Well at least we now know why so many teenage girls like ponies...
Reply 52
DrNick2006
It depends which subject you adhere to...

Biology- I was penetrated, so I lost my virginity.
Psychology- I don't believe that I lost my virginity, so I didn't.
Philosophy- What is virginity?
Mathematics- Penis+Vagina= -1(Virginity)

And finally, English Literature-

And every night that poor girl cries,
I wish I hadn't opened my thighs.

So, yes, you have. At least I think so...

Penis+vagina = chick with d*ck
penis^vagina now thats a different matter

do some magic and check you're hymen, if you're technical then that will tell you.
But i'm afraid its debatable
Well if her hymen isn't broken then she wasnt fully penetrated. I'm not sure if orgasm/ejaculation has anything to do with certifying wether it's sex or not...x
Reply 54
LadyEnglish
Well if her hymen isn't broken then she wasnt fully penetrated. I'm not sure if orgasm/ejaculation has anything to do with certifying wether it's sex or not...x

The hymen doesn't matter, if she was penetrated at all then she's no longer a virgin.
Esquire
Well at least we now know why so many teenage girls like ponies...

:rofl:
Reply 56
Anonymous
I didn't realise. He seemed nice and while we were together, he was really sweet and sensitive. Plus I was very drunk (yeah I know I'm stupid) I'm so ****ing naive, I shoulda known he was only being like it to get what he wants.

Aww, don't beat yourself up about it. Things happen, and it really doesn't define who you are! Just make sure you are a bit more discerning next time! :wink:
Reply 57
The hymen doesn't matter, if she was penetrated at all then she's no longer a virgin.

I disagree. If the hymen hadnt broken before and if it still isnt then she is still a virgin. At least thats what the next guy will feel.
Reply 58
The_Bear
I disagree. If the hymen hadnt broken before and if it still isnt then she is still a virgin. At least thats what the next guy will feel.

I must admit, I agree, however, the hymen can be broken by activities such as horse-riding and so forth.
Reply 59
N/a

Latest

Trending

Trending