The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by sherlockfan
We dont, its just that no one has been attracted to us before. Certainly im not a virgin out of choice. Its nothing to be proud of.

Oh... I get approached all the time, I'm just saving myself until marriage.

Original post by Smash Bandicoot
22 year old virgin male, I find this no men policy a bit exclusive and alienating? Do you have something against male virgins? It would be somewhat hypocritical to do so.

I'm sorry you feel alienated. I just know there are a bunch of male virgins on TSR, if I didn't include an exclusion criterium this thread would be filled with them. And I also wanted the girls to show themselves so that I know I'm not alone in my gender :P
Original post by catsis

I'm sorry you feel alienated. I just know there are a bunch of male virgins on TSR, if I didn't include an exclusion criterium this thread would be filled with them. And I also wanted the girls to show themselves so that I know I'm not alone in my gender :P

Hmm. There are, there are also a bunch of 14 year olds and immature people on TSR..

Why is it a big deal if a girl on TSR (shock horror) is a virgin but standard if a guy is? Some implications of the merit of the guys here.

Also, women do not get judged as inferior due to virginity. Pre 3rd wave rather virginity was still very attractive. I would go as far as to say the 'slut/stud' double standard is beginning to erode; women can increasingly have multiple sexual partners OR remain virgins until they're 30, without being judged either way. If the former they say they have high standards, if the latter they're hot. So without going into a whine, you have little to worry about :smile:

I am not attacking you, but making you aware of said reasoning. You stated clearly it was exclusive in the title so I will try.not to complain too much :tongue:

I hope you and every girl here find someone you truly like one day but please do not get caught up in the 'I'm a virgin I must be a loser' crap, society puts that on men not women (unless you have very liberal friends) you can opt out if you so choose, don't choose to drive yourself crazy :redface:
Original post by ThatGuyYouFear
If you are really really desperate for a shag or to gain sexual attention from males then there are a couple of things you could do:
If you're fat, lose weight, if you're skinny, gain weight.
If you have small boobs or a small ass then get some implants.
If you are ugly, get facial surgery.
if you have excessive body hair then get laser treatment or something.
There are an abundance of ways by which you can increase you physical appeal if you were so inclined. FYI I wouldn't recommend any girl actually do these as they conflict with my morals but if you're desperate and have no other options then these may be your only choices.

Im on benefits, dont have money for surgery or implants. Stupid advice really.

You know 'ugly' girls get laid all the time. I've seen a lot of them in relationships with average or rather 'ugly' guys. Work on your personality if you can't work on anything else. I once dated a really fat girl (oh yes she was fat!), just because she was hilarious and awesome to be around (she ditched me but I would've liked to stayed friends with her). I've often found less pretty people to have better personalities. I've gotten off in a number of places cause of my face, but deep down I've often envied people with better personalities. I've attracted girls in uni enough to make them make the first move but a lot of them lost interest just because maybe I've a dry personality.

Lol not really, you could have had money or not have had it, it was 50:50 (although this may or not be mathematically correct, but is a reasonable assumption). Also, gaining or losing weight(by exercise) doesn't cost much money at all. I'm trying to offer helpful advice but it seems you don't want it, and check that attitude, it may be that your personality is also getting in the way of your appeal to males instead of purely your physical aesthetics.

And on the subject of you being on benefits, why are you on benefits? Are you in higher education?
(edited 9 years ago)
A lot of the time people end up romantically interested in one another after spending a lot of time together even when though when they first met they were not sexually attracted to one another. Eventually though they become sexually attracted to one another. If you're always down about yourself and your own prospects for a love-life then this romantic attraction will never have time to prosper in the first place. You don't get somebody to "love you" purely out of a desire to want to have sex with you. Uh, no, that would be equivalent to them loving you as much as they love the prostitute they call around every fortnight. No, "loving you" is more about a strong sense of trust, empathy and general joy just from being in your presence. Being able to provide those things has nothing to do with how you look. It is to do with how you act. Generally being happy about who you are and content in your own life is one of the best ways to make someone feel happy just by being around you. That's a good start and it will make people desire you sexually more and more as they spend more time with you even if at first sight they didn't find you attractive at all.

TL;DR - Be happier, it's sexy. Don't be frightened that someone will think you are unattractive, this makes you unattractive and even if they do think that you lose nothing, you just gain nothing either. I'm not sure why you think there would be fewer female virgins than male virgins, I mean, most people need a female and male in order to lose their virginity and the population is 50/50 split more or less so...
Why do you think that is? Perhaps you need to put yourself out there more to meet more people, eventually you'll find someone wanting to have sex with you, or better a meaningful relationship.

I'm a virgin too at 20. Although whilst I always blame the fact I'm scrawny and not blessed with amazing good looks, I've seen guys less attractive and in worse shape (overweight and poor hygiene) getting laid with decent looking girls. I'd say people like is just need to improve ourselves and get out there more to solve this issue. :smile:
Reply 47
lol at people that claim they're "saving it for someone special".

Nah, you just can't get anyone.
Original post by BritishBlu£
That's one of the most incorrect statements I've heard in quite some time. You are most certainly not the "voice of reason".
Sex is not the be all, end all. There are more things to life than bumping uglies. Look at Tesla and Newton, they never did it and they contributed to humanity in ways that most of us could only dream of.
Sex is enjoyble, sure, but labelling someone defective or a failure because they've never experienced it is ridiculous. It says more about you than anything else.

Newton may have contributed to humanity more than anyone here ever will, but on a personal level he was still a failure.

It's far better for the person to have had lots of sex and contributed nothing to the 'greater good of mankind'. There is no higher purpose for the individual on this planet than to have sex.
Original post by voiceofreason234
Newton may have contributed to humanity more than anyone here ever will, but on a personal level he was still a failure.

It's far better for the person to have had lots of sex and contributed nothing to the 'greater good of mankind'. There is no higher purpose for the individual on this planet than to have sex.

Lol the only people who say that are almost always academic morons and failures or on course to achieve nothing significant in their life
Original post by bluemax
You know 'ugly' girls get laid all the time. I've seen a lot of them in relationships with average or rather 'ugly' guys. Work on your personality if you can't work on anything else. I once dated a really fat girl (oh yes she was fat!), just because she was hilarious and awesome to be around (she ditched me but I would've liked to stayed friends with her). I've often found less pretty people to have better personalities. I've gotten off in a number of places cause of my face, but deep down I've often envied people with better personalities. I've attracted girls in uni enough to make them make the first move but a lot of them lost interest just because maybe I've a dry personality.

Ive heard this all the time as well but it just doesn't ring true. If it is, how come I havent attracted anyone?
Since I dont know what is meant by "personality" its not really something I can change or work on.
Lol not really, you could have had money or not have had it, it was 50:50 (although this may or not be mathematically correct, but is a reasonable assumption). Also, gaining or losing weight(by exercise) doesn't cost much money at all. I'm trying to offer helpful advice but it seems you don't want it, and check that attitude, it may be that your personality is also getting in the way of your appeal to males instead of purely your physical aesthetics.

And on the subject of you being on benefits, why are you on benefits? Are you in higher education?

You know what, its really none of your business.
Original post by catsis

Virgin dudes, save it. This thread is not for you.

owwwhh :sad:

Original post by The Juan
Respect to any girls who value a career and academia over sexual relationships, it's so easy to fall into the general norm.

You know you can do both right?

Why are so many virgins holier than thou sex snobs? I would totally slut it up if I could. :moon:

Having a proper sexual relationship with a partner can be a sign of a mentally healthy and mature person. Unlike someone like me who is so riddled with self esteem issues and anxiety that I am now too scared to try and climb any kind of career ladder. Basically me being a virgin is a result of a load of crap that actually gets in the way of a career or going into academia.
(edited 9 years ago)

Nope. Newton and his like of the enlightenment aloud the industrial revolution to happen etc. Newtons laws of motion have very much increased humanities power to survive (or doomed it I suppose). ****ing can be left to the plebs.
Lol the only people who say that are almost always academic morons and failures or on course to achieve nothing significant in their life

I'd much rather be an 'academic moron' who gets laid than a 145 IQ, 1st at Oxbridge, PhD at Harvard guy who does not.

As for achieving nothing significant...finding a partner, having sex, a family etc is significant on an individual level. Yes, Newton has contributed more than you or I ever will to mankind, but contributing to mankind isn't what keeps you warm at night. On an individual level, life is not about contributing to society.

I can honestly, hand on heart say that if I had the opportunity to trade places with Newton (an alive Newton obviously...) then I would not. And it wouldn't be a close decision at all.
I'd much rather be an 'academic moron' who gets laid than a 145 IQ, 1st at Oxbridge, PhD at Harvard guy who does not.

As for achieving nothing significant...finding a partner, having sex, a family etc is significant on an individual level. Yes, Newton has contributed more than you or I ever will to mankind, but contributing to mankind isn't what keeps you warm at night. On an individual level, life is not about contributing to society.

I can honestly, hand on heart say that if I had the opportunity to trade places with Newton (an alive Newton obviously...) then I would not. And it wouldn't be a close decision at all.

This.
What can be more important than forming meaningful relationships. Its important both on an individual and on a societal level if you ask me.
Original post by catsis

If youre saving yourself for marriage, what exactly are you complaining about? Its far worse for women who are virgins not out of choice.

Nonsense like this is why society is warped. We're so sex-crazed now.

You've got to be mad/secretly jealous if you think Newton's theories, which revolutionized modern science, is inferior to Kim Kardashian making a sex tape. Passing on a legacy isn't exclusive to passing in your DNA. What makes Newton's achievements so extraordinary is how he could achieve such meaningful contributions to humanity - I'm sure that was an immensely huge personal achievement for him. Any Tom, Dick and Harry can have sex - what's the big whoop? Why must he have complied with such 'duties'. Although we can never verify whether he died a virgin, he may have not been interested in sex, he may have chosen to comment himself solely to what he wanted i.e. his work.

Personal achievements and individual purposes are personal, you are certainly in no position to objectify it. Personally: Changing history >>>>>>>> 3 minutes of humping.
(edited 9 years ago)

1. Contributing to mankind IS what keeps me warm at night, not a woman or a family, the only thing offer is distractions.
2. This is the first time you've mentioned anything other than sex, i.e. a partner and a family, as significant and so my reply to your previous posts is still valid. Finding a loving partner and having a family is significant on an individual level - that I can understand and, to some extent, agree with, however, you did not mention that in any of your previous posts which only ever referred to sex and "getting laid" as significant and not just significant but THE MOST significant thing a person can do/achieve. If everyone were like you we (humans) would still be living like wild animals doing nothing but reproducing you absolute idiot.
3. You don't have to be a guy who has "a 145 IQ, 1st at Oxbridge, PhD at Harvard" to contribute to society and the world or to not be an academic moron.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by iceflyier
Maybe the OP should arrange some sort of get-together for the male and female virgins in this thread, that would solve everyone's problems.

lack of effort and bs excuses is the reason they are like this in the first place

Latest