The Student Room Group

Do you like yourself?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
don't really like myself at the moment but I'm trying to. Im the only one that I find amusing though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
I like myself.

I used to absolutely hate myself... but thank god I'm past that now. That's not to say that there aren't lots of things I could improve myself, it's just that I accept me as me now. :smile:
Reply 42
No, there is nothing to like. I'm a pathetic excuse of a human being, air is wasted on me.

Only way to love yourself is to improve your life, make something of yourself and become a real man, fulfil your duties and achieve your dreams. Only then can you begin to like yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Leninho
don't really like myself at the moment but I'm trying to. Im the only one that I find amusing though

Posted from TSR Mobile

I always laugh at my own jokes and everyone else is just like 'okayyyyy...' but I find myself hilarious :biggrin:
Reply 44
The list of things I would change about my life is stupidly long.
Original post by ummm
I like myself.

I used to absolutely hate myself... but thank god I'm past that now. That's not to say that there aren't lots of things I could improve myself, it's just that I accept me as me now. :smile:

Hey.

I am pleased for you, truly.

What helped you make the change?

Thanks
Reply 46
I'm always in a battle between where I want to be and where I'm at, i'm fairly content with my self though, much more accepting than I used to be (but I assume typical adolescence hey..)
There are things I like about myself and things I don't like.
There are things I like about myself and things I don't but overall I would say I like myself :smile:
Of course I do not like who the heck I am; I dislike who I am.
Reply 50
Original post by Anonymous
Hey.

I am pleased for you, truly.

What helped you make the change?

Thanks

Going to university really changed everything from me. Throwing myself into university life, making the effort to get to know loads of new people, trying out new things, challenging myself academically, learning not to stress and just adopt a more relaxed perspective on life, being busier, developing hobbies... all of these things made me a more confident, independent and self-assured person.

I really do think that it comes down to life experience. I think that a lot of people suffer with their image of themselves during adolescence. You need to gradually push yourself to progress. I used to spend so much time reading stuff online about how to build up confidence, reading motivational quotes etc. but when it comes down to it, you need to actively put yourself out there and try to change. :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
:sexface:

If you are gay do you get turned on by your own reflection? :holmes:

Gay people have preferences.

But them I seem to be that preference often, I'm not even joking, I'm a target.

Besides, it's not gay if it's yourself, but what does that make having sex with your exact clone?
Original post by O.Ozz
No.

I don't even know why exist, my life is too ****. I question it every single day. I'm not successful in anything i do. I don't like football and im a guy and my personality is equivalent to Andy murray without the tennis.

I'm boring, Im ****ing jealous of others who are in uni, i just want to crush them so hard. I'm a disgrace to my family and i'm facing a third attempt exclusion in College (but may quit and move to manchester solo to start my life again). If you had my life, you would end up killing yourself. Why i'm still alive i dont know :mad:.

Society's expectations are not the absolute truth
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman

Besides, it's not gay if it's yourself, but what does that make having sex with your exact clone?

That guy's point is ridiculous

Do staight people like every member of the opposite sex? (ramdomers, family members,....) OF COURSE NOT

Same with gay people, they do not like every other gay person inc themselves

Like meaning attracted to
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
I like who I am but I wouldnt get on with me. :blush:

Agreed. I don't think I'd get along with another 'me'.
No I don't like myself.. I hate myself.. More than people will/can and should know.

If you want my advice stay on here and get involved.. Soon after you'll get a small feeling of self-narcissism/love.

On a more serious note you should probably consider freshening yourself up a little bit? Also get involved more.. Don't just sit around and let the world pass by! :smile:
every day i wake up look myself in the mirror and think its great to be me :smile: life is too short to be sad and lets face it. you're stuck being you wether you like it or not crack on and be happy
Yea :smile:. It's a thin balance but yea, there are more things about myself I like.

You have mentioned that. :holmes:
I have quite a few useful skills and I can draw/sew/knit quite well. I'm learning a language as well so skill wise I think I'm okay. I just wish I could talk more, but I have friends and a boyfriend so I can't be _that_ bad at it. To be honest, I've started to just get on with life and not really worry about how I look since I can't really change it and I don't really like to stick 10 pounds of make up on my face. =P Not caring is the best skill.
Reply 59
don't like myself much too: I'm thin, pale looking, not very energetic, boring and not excitable

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending