The Student Room Group

What does marriage mean to you?

Scroll to see replies

It's literally where society says all relationships should be heading towards.

If it was not so socially expected, I probably wouldn't be getting married.
Original post by frankieboy
When 40% of marriages fail, you still trust that it's a sign of unconditional commitment?

yes, because that's what my marriage will be like.
The thing that will always make me wary in future, is that I'm a home owner, i own my house outright with no mortgage. I paid for it myself.

If however I later get married and then divorced, she can get half the value of that house despite not putting anything into it. Not to mention I could end up homeless via the courts through that divorce if there kids involved..
Original post by SuziieB
It's literally where society says all relationships should be heading towards.

If it was not so socially expected, I probably wouldn't be getting married.

Most men are not marrying these days so I wouldn't worry too much.
Original post by The Reasoner
Most men are not marrying these days so I wouldn't worry too much.

That's definitely not true, most men go through a phase like you're going through at your age and when they reach middle age, change their minds.

At our age, what exactly does marriage offer us? Nothing. When you're in your 30s and you feel lonely and crave companionship, you might change your mind.
Original post by SuziieB
That's definitely not true, most men go through a phase like you're going through at your age and when they reach middle age, change their minds.

At our age, what exactly does marriage offer us? Nothing. When you're in your 30s and you feel lonely and crave companionship, you might change your mind.

I'll let you know when i'm in my 30s. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest