The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
me...balance of payments and inflation and unemployment...
Reply 2
well im worried about paper 2 the most....and like development is always on there and AD/AS, so im trying to concentrate on that...but i dont know anything...im really screwed
Reply 3
I still havent studied a single word! I know Im screwed for sure. Im hoping to start studying tonight.
Reply 4
i havnt even opened my eco books yet either... too busy with chemistry :/
only gonna have tomorrow afternoon to revise, kinda worried about that! i really like eco and i dont find it that hard, so im hoping its enough time!
Reply 5
Been going through the orange book for IB economics but i cant remmebr half of the things that i have read. :frown: Im going to die....i am sooooo screwed...my only hope is that there is a lot on theory of the firm, market failure, unemployment and elasticities coz thats all i know really well
Reply 6
Hi.

Seems we're all overwhelmed with the "load" of reading we have to get through in Glanville's Economics text. I didn't think I would ever do it, because his formal english, quite literally, puts me to sleep. BUT, I've done it. From the 1st page of §1 to the last page of §5 (598 pages total) - I am finished.

BUT HOW?
-Put on some 'happy' music, sit or lie down, and read.
-Have a 4fx calculator, pencil and highlighter to help you along.
-After the first reading, so as to reassure yourself you know what you're talking about, get some paper and a pen, or a word-processor if you like, and re-read (ala high-speed) writing down the important things that you came across (i.e. those you had to focus a lot on) for example: the keynesian multiplier, or, the C+I+G+X-M=C+S+T or something of th like.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Reply 7
johnny_18
Hi.

Seems we're all overwhelmed with the "load" of reading we have to get through in Glanville's Economics text. I didn't think I would ever do it, because his formal english, quite literally, puts me to sleep. BUT, I've done it. From the 1st page of §1 to the last page of §5 (598 pages total) - I am finished.

BUT HOW?
-Put on some 'happy' music, sit or lie down, and read.
-Have a 4fx calculator, pencil and highlighter to help you along.
-After the first reading, so as to reassure yourself you know what you're talking about, get some paper and a pen, or a word-processor if you like, and re-read (ala high-speed) writing down the important things that you came across (i.e. those you had to focus a lot on) for example: the keynesian multiplier, or, the C+I+G+X-M=C+S+T or something of th like.

GOOD LUCK!!!

did u really do that
Reply 8
but of course!
Reply 9
johnny_18
but of course!

how long did it take u
Reply 10
depends on your strengths. I went really fast through §1, §4 and §5 of the syllabus, focussing mainly on §2 and §3. But I gave the whole book a comprehensive "reading." Depends on how fast you read, but at a minimum, two days.. Like from 7am to 3pm twice.
Reply 11
johnny_18
Hi.

Seems we're all overwhelmed with the "load" of reading we have to get through in Glanville's Economics text. I didn't think I would ever do it, because his formal english, quite literally, puts me to sleep.

I so agree with you, this is the first time i picked up the book throughout the two year course because i literally fell asleep when i frist picked it up as well and im nearly finished....hurray!!!!! and i actually understand most of it...have to go back sometimes to re read something which i didnt undertsand...but its really cool. was apnicking a few days ago but now im fine :biggrin:
Reply 12
it helped you that much??
Reply 13
i dont like that alan glanville book much, i've got the osc guide, and ive got an A-level book for economics, and i use them, they both summarise everything really well and make it quick enough to go over everything in one day..

im worried about the banking aspect, never really paid attention in class when we were doing it (or other times actually) so its first time im looking at it..also worried bout development - those questions are always really bad.
Reply 14
are you talking about the black a level book..thast a really great summary book
Reply 15
portugal
i dont like that alan glanville book much, i've got the osc guide, and ive got an A-level book for economics, and i use them, they both summarise everything really well and make it quick enough to go over everything in one day..

im worried about the banking aspect, never really paid attention in class when we were doing it (or other times actually) so its first time im looking at it..also worried bout development - those questions are always really bad.

whats the banking aspect??
Reply 16
shudnt have called it banking i guess..i meant the quantity theory of money lol..and how the monetarists believe in smthing and the keynsians disagree and all that mess with money supply and inflation etc.

->damn you macro-economics<-
Reply 17
portugal
shudnt have called it banking i guess..i meant the quantity theory of money lol..and how the monetarists believe in smthing and the keynsians disagree and all that mess with money supply and inflation etc.

->damn you macro-economics<-

OH thank god...i was beginning to get a bit worried there...its not nice to find out what u shouldve learnt a day b4 ure exam :biggrin:
Reply 18
Development!
Its the IBO's favourite topic!
Reply 19
Speaking of predictions... I predicted exactly what would be on most of my papers so far.. why? because most are in a 5 year cycle. Take bioHL for instance, if you look at our questions, and the questions at the beginning of the 5 year cycle you will notice a definite similarity. Therefore, YES YES YES be very well acquainted with development. Especially for HL P3 which is worth 40%. I have an inkling that P3 is going to be very orientated upon §5 of the syllabus. Oh, for the record, I'm on my second reading of glanville in 2 days, and I'm building confidence with every page - READ IT if you're still freaking out.

Latest

Trending

Trending