The Student Room Group

21, female, pretty - single for over a year, cannot get a boyfriend

Scroll to see replies

You're at uni... Your last relationship was in 2013...

Here's my advice - QUIT WORRYING. You have your whole life ahead of you! Reading that, I thought you were going to say something like you've been single for 20+ years and are approaching the mid-life crisis phase!
Original post by Lúcio
I'm on your side!
An opposing fan decided it would be funny to berate you for saving our skins, but then your fellow supporters rallied in support of Lord Henderson :wink:

One of them being a Manchester United fan... whoever they are :u:
Reply 22
Original post by matt4
Never had a date,
Never had a gf

Relax.

Is that because you wear sunglasses everywhere? :colone:
Reply 23
Original post by jordanhenderson.
One of them being a Manchester United fan... whoever they are :u:

Don't even speak of that club here Jordan. :/
Original post by Anonymous
So I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t even know what sort of advice I’m looking for but I’m totally lost as to what I’m doing wrong really. Bit of background, I broke up with my last and only boyfriend in March 2013, .. fast forward 2 years.. I’ve been single that whole time. I have had a couple guys like me in that way but I haven’t had those feelings for them because there just wasn’t the attraction there. The guys I have liked and wanted to date don’t reciprocate those feelings ever. I’m told I’m pretty and hot and great body, (I’m blonde green eyed 5,4) .. I do pole fitness so I’m pretty slim too.. I’m always friendly, up for a laugh, optimistic. I’m a good friend, good listener, I do my best to help anyone that needs it. So what the hell is up with me? I’m trying not to get bitter but I really, truly am starting to now. At first it was like, well, it’s nice being single, discovering who I am as a person etc etc and then after a while it just hurts because I’m craving that affection and intimacy and I feel as though it’s really lacking in my life. I tried OKcupid but it just felt artificial and forced and I couldn’t see me getting any real feeling/attraction through that sort of medium and that goes for all those sorts of dating platforms. I mean I’m at uni, I know a wide variety of people, you’d think at least one I’d have clicked with right? :/

What could it be? :frown:

I feel exactly the same way OP. Almost everything you've said applies to me as well lol. Nearly the same age too. I'm 20 in a couple days.

You're just picky like me. And evidently not 10/10 otherwise everyone would be after you. Takes a while to meet someone where the feeling is mutual.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 25
Hun two years isn't nothing, maybe you just don't give off the right vibe or persona to people.

I am your age and have never had a guy I would call my official boyfriend, the guy I have/had fallen for who I took as my boyfriend made me feel like we were going to give it a try but he has now broke it off but I can not stop getting emotional every other day when I think how hard I fell for him, I would be willing to still try as he has had been through a really tough time that I tried to help him through it, I totally love this guy and despite our 115 mile difference I was and still am willing to try as I love the guy and he expressed similar feelings so why is he denying them for. See now I feel teary and I usually am not a emotional person.
Reply 26
But maybe you are too picky it is good to have standards and stuff
jeez i'm 23 ive never had a boyfriend or had sex. cry me a river.
So I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t even know what sort of advice I’m looking for but I’m totally lost as to what I’m doing wrong really. Bit of background, I broke up with my last and only boyfriend in March 2013, .. fast forward 2 years.. I’ve been single that whole time. I have had a couple guys like me in that way but I haven’t had those feelings for them because there just wasn’t the attraction there. The guys I have liked and wanted to date don’t reciprocate those feelings ever. I’m told I’m pretty and hot and great body, (I’m blonde green eyed 5,4) .. I do pole fitness so I’m pretty slim too.. I’m always friendly, up for a laugh, optimistic. I’m a good friend, good listener, I do my best to help anyone that needs it. So what the hell is up with me? I’m trying not to get bitter but I really, truly am starting to now. At first it was like, well, it’s nice being single, discovering who I am as a person etc etc and then after a while it just hurts because I’m craving that affection and intimacy and I feel as though it’s really lacking in my life. I tried OKcupid but it just felt artificial and forced and I couldn’t see me getting any real feeling/attraction through that sort of medium and that goes for all those sorts of dating platforms. I mean I’m at uni, I know a wide variety of people, you’d think at least one I’d have clicked with right? :/ What could it be? :frown:
Maybe you aren't as hot as you think you are. Maybe you have a repulsive personality. Maybe you don't meet enough people.
You moan about being single yet reject people that like you

Unless they are horrible why dont you at least go on a date with them to see if you have any chemistry
Here is not a meeting platform.Here is a student portal!
Reply 31
When girls are unable to get boyfriends its almost always down to one of two things.
Either:

- You're standards are too high
- You're not approaching anyone yourself

Resolve these and you will find a boyfriend with ease.
So I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t even know what sort of advice I’m looking for but I’m totally lost as to what I’m doing wrong really. Bit of background, I broke up with my last and only boyfriend in March 2013, .. fast forward 2 years.. I’ve been single that whole time. I have had a couple guys like me in that way but I haven’t had those feelings for them because there just wasn’t the attraction there. The guys I have liked and wanted to date don’t reciprocate those feelings ever. I’m told I’m pretty and hot and great body, (I’m blonde green eyed 5,4) .. I do pole fitness so I’m pretty slim too.. I’m always friendly, up for a laugh, optimistic. I’m a good friend, good listener, I do my best to help anyone that needs it. So what the hell is up with me? I’m trying not to get bitter but I really, truly am starting to now. At first it was like, well, it’s nice being single, discovering who I am as a person etc etc and then after a while it just hurts because I’m craving that affection and intimacy and I feel as though it’s really lacking in my life. I tried OKcupid but it just felt artificial and forced and I couldn’t see me getting any real feeling/attraction through that sort of medium and that goes for all those sorts of dating platforms. I mean I’m at uni, I know a wide variety of people, you’d think at least one I’d have clicked with right? :/

What could it be? :frown:

Well.

- are you putting yourself out there are meeting plenty of different guys every week?

- are you making an effort to be interesting, flirty, funny and attractive?

- are you giving them a chance, ie going for drinks, sleeping with guys, seeing if a spark develops?

These things don't just happen by magic, you have to make them happen.
Original post by Reue
When girls are unable to get boyfriends its almost always down to one of two things.
Either:

often its that they have bought the stupid myth that guys are only interested in looks and therefore make no effort to be funny and interesting.

looks alone will not get you a boyfriend. I don't care if you look like Scarlett Johanssen, if you can't hold up your end of a conversation with a bit of wit and intelligence, I'm not interested.
Original post by Reue
Either:

The guinea pig knows all :adore:
(edited 9 years ago)
Just go get sex

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reue
Either:

It's the tradition for men to approach girls

Posted from TSR Mobile
18 years old:
Never had a girlfriend
Never been on a date
Never kissed anyone
Never had sex
Reply 38
Original post by coconuthead--
It's the tradition for men to approach girls

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sexist.

It was also a tradition for women to stay at home and look after the children but times have changed.
...I have had a couple guys like me in that way but I haven’t had those feelings for them because there just wasn’t the attraction there...

Did you even give these guys a chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending