The Student Room Group

so short... i feel like a child instead of a woman!

Hi everyone... Usually I don't really care about my height...

But lately its really been getting to me

Im just under 5ft0 .. so i'm extremely tiny! I mean my actual body shape is OK but im so short its really affecting my confidence.

I feel like a child sometime.. not like an adult. I don't even have a bf and I think its because of my height guys get put off.

I look at pregnant women and think damn 'if only I was a little taller I could one day carry a baby too//'

I know it sounds bizzare but my height makes me feel less of a woman (my age is 21..)

hate it so much help? advice or any tips would be appreciated thanks
I'm sure you're fine. I don't really know you, but just because you're short doesn't mean I wouldn't go out with you. I'm sure it's the same with other guys, who just aren't sure how old you are,
Reply 2
i am 5 foot an dconatantly teased
i used to measure my height wveryday and try to tip toe to grow
obviosuly nothing happened but i am not the shortest girl in my year and outside of the school there are definitely people shorter than me
embrace your height be happy you can sneak places and be sly i like this height
in your case it might be that you struggle to get notice maybe so you ceel like a child but if you have a good personality your height will matter no more!
be happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 5 ft and love it, a lot of guys find all heights attractive. There are loads of hot women who are short e.g. Cheryl Cole, Eva longoria and loads more.

We do live in a world where people have their first impressions and may judge us initially on the way we look and make assumptions, but this is usually because this is all they have to go on information wise. People don't stay in relationships with people and bond with them because of how tall they are or even what they look like, sure it may play a role at first but at some point you have to have a connection with that person and be comfortable with them.

So many people end up dating someone they said they never would because of certain age, height, religion, hair colour, body shape but all of that is trumped by a connection with someone. If there is a spark these superficial things cease to matter.
Thought you already posted this OP?
My girlfriend is same height, so I doubt it's preventing you getting a boyfriend. Lack of confidence definitely might be though.

I know it sounds a bit obvious... but have you tried finding a comfy pair of heels you can wear most days? :h:
My ex was 5"1 and that didn't make me love her any less. Don't worry.

Edit: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3213253
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi, I wear "chunky" boots to work. I'm a HCA and just wanted some comfy footwear and for some reason bought these wedged heel boots. I never realise how much difference they make to my height until I take them off after work. They make me feel better about myself. I think I'm about 5ft 4inches. Anyway, wearing boots like this may be a good idea for you. They are quite comfortable so you may enjoy wearing them everyday. Hope this helps you x
Reply 8
haha
Wear high or thicker-heeled shoes.
Reply 10
I'm pretty short myself, I know what it feels like to be bullied for your height and feel constantly conscious about it. As I grew older, I stopped worrying about it so much, and I don't even think about it any more. Everyone's different and that's ok! Guys like all types of girls, and if a guy doesn't like you because you're too 'small' or whatever, then why would you want to waste your time and energy on someone who cares about something so petty?

You're fine just the way you are :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just don't think about height, I know so many girls that are your height so you shouldn't be intimidated

Quick Reply

Latest