The Student Room Group

I don't like clubbing. Am I too weird?

I just don't get the point in wearing revealing clothes in cold weather, playing stupid drinking games, paying £3-5 to enter a place where I'll experience temporary hearing loss, risk losing my jacket, have a few guys grope my ass and pretend that I am having fun until my friends finally decide to leave. I'd much rather go to a local pub to drink and chat with my friends or have a cosy night in to watch movies or something. Am I just weird? :/

Scroll to see replies

No, you're not weird. Lots of people feel exactly the same.
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
No, you're not weird. Lots of people feel exactly the same.

Then why is clubbing still the 'cool' thing to do?
Reply 3
I don't think that is weird or not normal or etc, just different people choose different ways to relax, pass their free time..
I don't club either. (Or go to pubs)
Reply 5
Ethnicity: Turkish

Tkh tkh muslima turkey inshallah
Reply 6
Original post by Ratach

Sheep.
Original post by Ratach

Culturally, a lot of people seem to view it as a "rite of passage". Some like it, some don't. Personally, I'd much rather go to a pub and have lulz instead of going to a place where I can barely hear anyone yell my name due to Skrillex being played at quadrillion decibels.
Original post by nuraf
Ethnicity: Turkish

Tkh tkh muslima turkey inshallah

It has nothing to do with that; didn't you read my original post?!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Drunk Punx
Culturally, a lot of people seem to view it as a "rite of passage". Some like it, some don't. Personally, I'd much rather go to a pub and have lulz instead of going to a place where I can barely hear anyone yell my name due to Skrillex being played at quadrillion decibels.

This.

The weird part is whenever I tell someone how I feel about clubbing they agree with me, yet they still go to clubs at least once or twice a week. I don't mind clubs if they are reserved for special occasions (e.g. post-exams, birthdays) but apart from that I just find them pointless.
Original post by Ratach

Because there are a lot of people who enjoy it. Being in the minority when it comes to liking something doesn't make you weird.
zomg ur like soooooo kerazy!!
Original post by Viva Emptiness
zomg ur like soooooo kerazy!!

Cool nickname brah :biggrin: Katatonia fan?
Original post by Ratach
Cool nickname brah :biggrin: Katatonia fan?

Well. That took the wind out of my sails. Yes, as it happens.
Original post by Ratach
This.

The weird part is whenever I tell someone how I feel about clubbing they agree with me, yet they still go to clubs at least once or twice a week. I don't mind clubs if they are reserved for special occasions (e.g. post-exams, birthdays) but apart from that I just find them pointless.

Even on "special occasions" I still find them utterly pointless. I don't enjoy spending my time there, so why would I go? Whenever friends try to entice me on a night out, I always ask where they're going. If they want to go clubbing, I deny them my company. They may find it fun, but not everybody enjoys the same thing.

I'm usually met by "Yeah but it's fun!"
Ok:
A) I hate dancing. To me, it's completely redundant. Firstly, I cannot dance. So straight off the bat, it's the equivalent of me entering a tennis tournament despite being unable to play. Secondly, I don't enjoy it. At all.
B) If I go out drinking, I want to go drinking. Not questioning my decision to leave the house due to being in a hostile environment.
C) Money. Beer costs a fortune in a club because they generally favour cheap spirits. Not only that, but paying to get in? Weeeeeak.
D) The music. I loathe it, it's totally not my scene.

So when my friends ask me if I want to go clubbing with them, what they're actually asking is "do you want to go to a place you don't like to spend all your money doing something you don't like while listening to music you don't like?" They then have the audacity to look almost offended when I say no.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Well. That took the wind out of my sails. Yes, as it happens.

Well that wasn't something a Katatonia fan would normally say :smile:
I almost feel sorry for the tramps that have to que outside the clubs
No, you're not.

I fear being in a situation at university when I'll feel obliged to go out somewhere that I dont want to. :frown:
Original post by Ratach

Slim chance of pulling a girl for the guys, chance to let loose for the girls.

Almost everyone agrees that clubbing is ****e in general, but it serves purposes .
Reply 19
Original post by Blue_Mason
I almost feel sorry for the tramps that have to que outside the clubs

Haha, this is the worst part.

Quick Reply

Latest