The Student Room Group

Should I be worried about my boyfriend and this girl?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'd love nothing more for than us to be able to sort things out and move forward as a couple, but with all these problems, I don't see how that could happen :frown: thank you for the wishes x

These things are upsetting yes, but life is long and full of opportunity :smile: There are millions upon millions of human beings. Consider this: Let's say even 1% of them think you're the most beautiful and special person ever and would love to date you...that's thousands of potential matches! Don't just stick with the one that showed up first because it's easy!
thanks, that's made me feel better :smile: I've got no idea how he's going to react , or whether i'll have the guts to do it ... i've backed out of it so many times......
Reply 22
Original post by xleoanimusx
These things are upsetting yes, but life is long and full of opportunity :smile: There are millions upon millions of human beings. Consider this: Let's say even 1% of them think you're the most beautiful and special person ever and would love to date you...that's thousands of potential matches! Don't just stick with the one that showed up first because it's easy!

1. It's unlikely 1% of people would agree someone is the 'most beautiful and special person ever'
2. That wouldn't be thousands, 1% of all men would be around 35 million

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wade-
1. It's unlikely 1% of people would agree someone is the 'most beautiful and special person ever'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seriously? The figures aren't important, I'm giving general advice. Go back to bed

Edit: If we're being pedantic, 35 million still counts as 'thousands'...its just a lot of thousands :biggrin:

Also, you have no evidence that 1% of people wouldn't think that, just like I have no evidence for it, therefore it's a belief that you can't disprove and therefore your comment holds no validity :u:
(edited 9 years ago)
I hope you're okay :frown: this must a really hard thing to do especially if you are in love with him. I wouldn't way you're over reacting, something does have to change. I think a break up is probably a good idea, but maybe try and talk to him all about it first. Get your feelings out as that's something you've not really mentioned you've done. After a long talk about it, then I'd say decide. He might be totally oblivious.
Thanks, yeah it's bloody difficult lol..... when he came back at 7am I asked him outright if he they had feelings for each other and he said no... so that's why it makes me feel guilty.

it's not only that, but..... he's told me that if he ever meets someone 'better', then you never know, maybe we'll break up, stuff like that. I got upset about it a few weeks ago and he told me that he had been joking, but I know he wasn't, there was no laughter involved or anything like that. It's just stuff like that, I can't shake it off.
Also he knows I'm insecure about her although I try not to show it. When I found out about the lighters I tried to make some kind of joke and he told me to stop being jealous...
You must feel like punching the girl in the face.
Yeah kinda lol..... well apparently she's kind of friends with everyone, including guys.,,, but anyway what can I do... lol
Reply 29
I'd love nothing more for than us to be able to sort things out and move forward as a couple, but with all these problems, I don't see how that could happen :frown: thank you for the wishes x

If he ain't cheating now he sure as hell wants to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The fact is that i've had around 25 replies all telling me the same thing :frown:
which I appreciate so much, thanks, because you need different opinions to make you realise..
This is a female colleague of the same age (early 20s) who he's known for about a year now and sees pretty much every day at work. They don't work in the same dept. but he wants to move to hers because the people are funner in his opinion. However, they take smoking breaks together and eat lunch in a group.

In terms of personality, she seems very outgoing, bubbly, jokey, and a party animal. They both like to drink and smoke (including cannabis) but I'm quite different myself.
For quite a few months now, they (including her) have been going out drinking on Friday nights after work. He usually came back by midnight, never really later, and always texted me(even though I never asked him or expected him to)

So last time when he arrived at 7am after giving me no news whatsoever (i'd been trying to call and such) you can imagine my panic. He told me that they had been at her place (but as a large group) for 5 hours because she lives quite close. I found out a week later that he'd been lying and that it'd been just the 2 of them for 5 hours (he'd told his friends this but not me). He tried to reassure me that there was nothing to worry about, it was just friendly etc. and I felt better.

He talks a lot about her, it sounds like they have a lot of banter and they're constantly teasing each other. He is always smiling and laughing when he talks about her and tells me a joke she said or something like that. They went out as a group on Friday. I had gone to bed at midnight, and was awoken at 2am by him coming in. He came into the room and told me that she was in the living room, because she 'couldn't get back' (I later found out that this was a lie too) and that she'd get a taxi back soon.

I was half asleep and in pjyamas so did not want to go out, but could hear them talking and laughing. An hour later they left, and he came back alone 2 hours later. Apparently they'd been on a walk and had gotten something to eat.

I tried to not seem jealous; asked questions about her etc. and I asked whether I would meet her (he said, maybe). And again he had lots of funny stuff to tell me about her.
I just don't see it necessary for him to be inviting her alone for a few hours, especially when i'm in bed. They have just spent 8 hours togrether at a bar. Physically, I've seen pics of her and she's his type. Recently we've had a lot of problems and really bad arguments, and he's not as affectionate. He told me it maybe wasn't working out.

I'm scared he is into this girl and vice versa. Do you think I am over reacting? Does it sound suspicious? Thanks

Extremely suspicious if I were you I would get rid of him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's not only that, but..... he's told me that if he ever meets someone 'better', then you never know, maybe we'll break up, stuff like that. I got upset about it a few weeks ago and he told me that he had been joking, but I know he wasn't, there was no laughter involved or anything like that. It's just stuff like that, I can't shake it off.

Why the hell would you say something like that?
Reply 34
Aww I'm really sorry OP, this sounds horrible :frown:

I do think you should maybe try and find out a bit more just to be sure he is cheating on you though - in my experience guys are usually a lot less obvious about it. Maybe ask to go on one of their nights out with him, surprise him at work or whatever, or even just ask him straight up. He's been with you for 3 years so I would hope he'd have enough respect for you by now to give a straight answer.

Even if he isn't cheating though, his behaviour sounds appalling - not coming back until 7am without even a text is terrible, not to mention the lying and lack of affection. I would seriously consider whether you wanted to stay with him whether or not he cheated.

Really hope you figure something out xx
Original post by Wade-

Posted from TSR Mobile

He said firstly that it would be millions of millions of guys who would find her beautiful and attractive, did you not see that bit?

He then went on to say that's thousands of potential matches because obviously those initial guys would filter down into A, realistic matches, and B, guys who the OP actually likes back. That is what I assume he meant by potential matches, and it is therefore reasonable to assume that that would be thousands and thousands as opposed to millions.

Your attempts at being pedantic failed :tongue:
OP you sound like a genuinely nice, decent person. And guess what, there's somone out there right now, who actually deserves you. Who would appreciate your kind nature, who would treat you with the love and respect you deserve.

So you have two options-

A. Stick with this guy, continue being fairly unhappy with him. But tbh, even if you removed this girl from the equation he still doesn't sound good. He's practically said he'd probably leave if someone "better" came along, he doesn't like spending hours with you in a bar, he's stuck inside all weekend nursing his hangover and not giving a **** about you. So even without considering the fact that he's lied about this girl and seems to have a "connection" with her, I'd say you deserve better anyway.

B. Leave him, be strong. Yes you'd face a few months of misery, you'd feel lonely, maybe heartbroken, and you'd be pining for him. But at least you could hold your head up high, rather than wait around to witness your boyfriend cheating on you (possibly). You'd also meet someone knew, someone who can make you a thousand times more content and happy than this guy. And when you meet this person, you'd be so happy that this girl came into yours and your current boyfriends life, because if it wasn't for her you might not have left this guy, and you might not have met a new person who actually deserves you.

So good luck OP! You sound like a strong person, so I have every faith in you that you'd come out the other side of this much better off than your current boyfriend.
(edited 9 years ago)
This is a female colleague of the same age (early 20s) who he's known for about a year now and sees pretty much every day at work. They don't work in the same dept. but he wants to move to hers because the people are funner in his opinion. However, they take smoking breaks together and eat lunch in a group.

In terms of personality, she seems very outgoing, bubbly, jokey, and a party animal. They both like to drink and smoke (including cannabis) but I'm quite different myself.
For quite a few months now, they (including her) have been going out drinking on Friday nights after work. He usually came back by midnight, never really later, and always texted me(even though I never asked him or expected him to)

So last time when he arrived at 7am after giving me no news whatsoever (i'd been trying to call and such) you can imagine my panic. He told me that they had been at her place (but as a large group) for 5 hours because she lives quite close. I found out a week later that he'd been lying and that it'd been just the 2 of them for 5 hours (he'd told his friends this but not me). He tried to reassure me that there was nothing to worry about, it was just friendly etc. and I felt better.

He talks a lot about her, it sounds like they have a lot of banter and they're constantly teasing each other. He is always smiling and laughing when he talks about her and tells me a joke she said or something like that. They went out as a group on Friday. I had gone to bed at midnight, and was awoken at 2am by him coming in. He came into the room and told me that she was in the living room, because she 'couldn't get back' (I later found out that this was a lie too) and that she'd get a taxi back soon.

I was half asleep and in pjyamas so did not want to go out, but could hear them talking and laughing. An hour later they left, and he came back alone 2 hours later. Apparently they'd been on a walk and had gotten something to eat.

I tried to not seem jealous; asked questions about her etc. and I asked whether I would meet her (he said, maybe). And again he had lots of funny stuff to tell me about her.
I just don't see it necessary for him to be inviting her alone for a few hours, especially when i'm in bed. They have just spent 8 hours togrether at a bar. Physically, I've seen pics of her and she's his type. Recently we've had a lot of problems and really bad arguments, and he's not as affectionate. He told me it maybe wasn't working out.

I'm scared he is into this girl and vice versa. Do you think I am over reacting? Does it sound suspicious? Thanks

At that point you should have dumped him.

Why is it so hard for some people on here to assess whether an action constitute enough criteria for dumpability?
Reply 38
He's banging her.

Also, he sounds like a complete dickhead. Cruel, insensitive, downright nasty. You need to get out OP. He's not a nice piece of work.
Reply 39
The guy cheats on her girlfriend while she's in the bedroom. He deserves a medal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending