The Student Room Group

Should I tell my parents about him?

Basically theres a guy I'm seeing and he lives about 4 hours away from me. I've met him a few times when he comes to visit his cousin. He has asked me to visit him soon and I obviously really want to. The only thing is that my parents don't know about him and I don't wanna tell them yet in case it doesn't work out. The thing is I cant decide whether to tell my parents I'm going to his or lie and tell them I'm staying at my friends for the night.

I would love to hear anyones opinions on this thankss
just tell them
Reply 2
If you have open and accepting parents, tell them. It's much better! Avoid lying when possible.
Reply 3
Just tell them and never mind
Original post by Anonymous
Basically theres a guy I'm seeing and he lives about 4 hours away from me. I've met him a few times when he comes to visit his cousin. He has asked me to visit him soon and I obviously really want to. The only thing is that my parents don't know about him and I don't wanna tell them yet in case it doesn't work out. The thing is I cant decide whether to tell my parents I'm going to his or lie and tell them I'm staying at my friends for the night.

I would love to hear anyones opinions on this thankss

How old are you? You should tell your parents about him to be honest. I used to feel uneasy when I lied to my mum and told her I was going to see a friend. I just slowly started to tell my mum about my love life and she was pretty cool about things.
Reply 5
Original post by phunky_fresh
How old are you? You should tell your parents about him to be honest. I used to feel uneasy when I lied to my mum and told her I was going to see a friend. I just slowly started to tell my mum about my love life and she was pretty cool about things.

I'm 16 and to be honest my mum would be fine with it. It's just my dad can be really weird about things that include guys haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending