The Student Room Group

Advice on transferring/redoing first year

Scroll to see replies

(edited 8 years ago)
(edited 8 years ago)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 43
You transferred to UCL in 3rd year? But I read on their website that under no circumstances will transfers to LLB be accepted? Can u please elaborate more on your circumstances?
5 years on...

Anyone curious about what I ended up doing, read below!

I completely scrapped the second year transfer applications and took a gap year to resit an A-level. I ended up achieving an A* and applying to Cambridge. I got in and I am now working in cybersecurity for a high profile company earning over £100k at 24.

If anyone is re-considering their university choices, please do not make the decision lightly. If you need to take a year out to resit exams, go ahead and do that. Getting into a better university will absolutely help you in the real world.
Original post by socially inept
5 years on...

Anyone curious about what I ended up doing, read below!

I completely scrapped the second year transfer applications and took a gap year to resit an A-level. I ended up achieving an A* and applying to Cambridge. I got in and I am now working in cybersecurity for a high profile company earning over £100k at 24.

If anyone is re-considering their university choices, please do not make the decision lightly. If you need to take a year out to resit exams, go ahead and do that. Getting into a better university will absolutely help you in the real world.

Congratulations! Did you study psychology at Cambridge? How did you get into cyber security?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending