MP3 player with no tape deck?

Watch
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My Yaris has a CD player as part of the radio but no tape deck. I'd love to be able to play music from my phone or ipod whilst I'm driving - does anyone know how I'd do this? Everything I've seen online seems to jack into the tape.

Bonus points if it will also charge my ipod/phone at the same time!
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Only option is to upgrade your player to one that has an audio jack or bluetooth.
dhr90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can get units which plug into your phone/ipod and transmit via FM radio to your car stereo. Not sure how good they are though.
walterwhite123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You might be able to get an Aux outlet fitted. Otherwise there are plenty of FM transmitters about.
NicholasF1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Its called a FM transmitter - without any installation to ur stereo. Check amazon or ebay.

The instructions set a FM frequency and it will play the songs from ur mp3/ipod
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by NicholasF1)
Its called a FM transmitter - without any installation to ur stereo. Check amazon or ebay.

The instructions set a FM frequency and it will play the songs from ur mp3/ipod
They rubbish though.

OP, does your stereo have a model name/number on it? If so, it's pretty easy to find out if there's an OEM aux input for it. Loads of newer cars have the functionality built in, but it costs you another £200 or something silly when you buy the car to have it added on. If you have the correct stereo, you can buy the cable for less than a tenner on eBay and get someone who knows a bit about car audio to install it for a pint or two.

If that's not the case, it's new head unit time! You can get them with USB and Aux in for like 50 quid these days.
A Mysterious Lord
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used to use an FM transmitter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (19)
30.65%
No - I have already returned home (8)
12.9%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (12)
19.35%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (3)
4.84%
No - I live at home during term anyway (20)
32.26%

Watched Threads