The Student Room Group

MP3 player with no tape deck?

My Yaris has a CD player as part of the radio but no tape deck. I'd love to be able to play music from my phone or ipod whilst I'm driving - does anyone know how I'd do this? Everything I've seen online seems to jack into the tape.

Bonus points if it will also charge my ipod/phone at the same time!
Only option is to upgrade your player to one that has an audio jack or bluetooth.
Reply 2
You can get units which plug into your phone/ipod and transmit via FM radio to your car stereo. Not sure how good they are though.
You might be able to get an Aux outlet fitted. Otherwise there are plenty of FM transmitters about.
Its called a FM transmitter - without any installation to ur stereo. Check amazon or ebay.

The instructions set a FM frequency and it will play the songs from ur mp3/ipod
Reply 5
Original post by NicholasF1
Its called a FM transmitter - without any installation to ur stereo. Check amazon or ebay.

The instructions set a FM frequency and it will play the songs from ur mp3/ipod

They rubbish though.

OP, does your stereo have a model name/number on it? If so, it's pretty easy to find out if there's an OEM aux input for it. Loads of newer cars have the functionality built in, but it costs you another £200 or something silly when you buy the car to have it added on. If you have the correct stereo, you can buy the cable for less than a tenner on eBay and get someone who knows a bit about car audio to install it for a pint or two.

If that's not the case, it's new head unit time! You can get them with USB and Aux in for like 50 quid these days.
I used to use an FM transmitter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending