The Student Room Group

What to do when my best friend cuts off contact for no apparent reason?

Last month my best friend suddenly began ignoring my texts. When I asked him if he was angry with me he flippantly retorted that he was too busy to talk to me. He did have final exams at that time so I gave him the benefit of doubt, although nobody can be too busy to give a polite explanation at the very least.

Recently it was his birthday. I didn't write on his Facebook wall because I was hurt by his attitude. Another mutual friend wrote a half-assed "Happy birthday" even though she normally writes really long messages full of heart emoticons. My friend deleted that post from his wall.

I also realised that he's been watching videos on "how to be happy" etc. on YouTube and unfriended many people on Facebook. What he's going through seems to be an existential crisis rather than a childish attempt at giving me attitude as I initially thought it was. What do I do now? :/
Give him nothing. It's not your fault he's unhappy is it?
Reply 2
It could be an existential crisis. My ex best friend had borderline personality disorder and cut me off for no reason and has given me the silent treatment 100% and it has now been two years and it hurts but I respected her choice by shutting the door behind me after she booted me out. My advice is save yourself the pain sometimes the reason has nothing to do with you it's entirely his choice to get rid of you and you owe him nothing now.
Reply 3
It sounds like he's got depression or some sort of personality disorder as its not just you he's cut off. does he have a brother or sister you could talk to who may be able to give you some sort of idea of what's going on or perhaps his parents? I'd suggest just leaving it but if it's very important to you then perhaps talk to him in real life about it so he can't ignore you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending