The Student Room Group

College or Sixth form?

I'm gonna start applying this September ( i know its a long way but still) and i'm not sure which is better, sixth form or college? Everyone keeps saying sixth form because you get extra help but i'm still not sure. I was planning to apply to city of Westminster which is a good college...
Any advice would be appreciated.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by munnaa
I'm gonna start applying this September ( i know its a long way but still) and i'm not sure which is better, sixth form or college? Everyone keeps saying sixth form because you get extra help but i'm still not sure. I was planning to apply to city of Westminster which is a good college...
Any advice would be appreciated.

sixth form in my opinion is the best as all students would be the same age u will also have more help, whereas in college the ages do diff for example there are two to four students aged 17-18 who have not done so well and are doing another year; they will receive more help than u as teachers would expect u to do well as they will focus more on those students who not been doing so well
good luck
You're likely to get more freedom at a college- sixth form is just like all the rest of your years at school whereas college is more mature

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Sixth form as you are more likely to get more help with work and teachers will take the time out to organise uni open days and events that might interest you and uni applications and stuff
Original post by aamirac
Sixth form as you are more likely to get more help with work and teachers will take the time out to organise uni open days and events that might interest you and uni applications and stuff

And colleges won't do the same?
Reply 5
Original post by 08Mercyf
And colleges won't do the same?

Most of the time not really. As there is no 'structure' how sixth forms are, and they're usually more flexible with timetables( more free periods)
They may only really help you in UCAS applications
(This is what I've seen based on what I researched when I was applying for places too)
Original post by aamirac
Most of the time not really. As there is no 'structure' how sixth forms are, and they're usually more flexible with timetables( more free periods)
They may only really help you in UCAS applications
(This is what I've seen based on what I researched when I was applying for places too)

Cool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending