The Student Room Group

What if God was real ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hollowdon
yall all going to hell

There is no heaven and there is no hell.

Prove otherwise or keep quiet.
Reply 41
Original post by LaMandarine
[video="youtube;QLEKoS4RDr8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLEKoS4RDr8[/video]

Immature response, typical from atheists though.
Original post by slade p
Immature response, typical from atheists though.

Humourless reply, typical from christians though.
Original post by slade p
bad things happening is a test to see who is righteous during the different circumstances of life.

Worms that exist to burrow out of eyes... That's a test?

Such an evil being deserves no worship.
Honestly, if he did exist I don't think I'd worship him anyway. He isn't very nice in the Bible
Original post by Sam Walters

believing in god is more about faith and logic than using scientific evidence. Come on... if everything on this planet originates from somewhere why is it that you think humans and earth randomly popped out of nowhere. Why do you think that we are able breath, drink and eat to live. Our body is one the most complex mechanism on this planet, how the hell did that popped out of thin air. There is no proof god exists, but it's more believable to have faith that god does.
Reply 46
That he is vindictive, power-mad bastard for both demanding that we praise it and follow its commands to avoid going to Hell, and yet gives us free will to do otherwise and makes its presence very obscure to the beings which God himself created to believe whatever has the most supporting evidence i.e. that there is no God.

It is almost as if the purpose of such a God would be to punish people for not following orders.
believing in god is more about faith and logic than using scientific evidence. Come on... if everything on this planet originates from somewhere why is it that you think humans and earth randomly popped out of nowhere. Why do you think that we are able breath, drink and eat to live. Our body is one the most complex mechanism on this planet, how the hell did that popped out of thin air. There is no proof god exists, but it's more believable to have faith that god does.

You know what triggered that?

Spoiler

Original post by Sam Walters

I am sorry, but I couldn't resist.
Reply 49
Original post by drowzee
God does not exist

Correct.
You know what triggered that?

Spoiler

That's just a theory, proof or go to hell?
Why would our lives change if God was real?

Me is confused.
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Why would our lives change if God was real?

Me is confused.

that's a real answer, though religious people would have to think about that before saying that
if God was real surely he would prove it other than a book ?
That's just a theory, proof or go to hell?

I would happily submerge in a cauldron of pitch than to give you a GCSE lesson on the theory of Evolution if you believe in Creationism.

My greatest sin is that I can't be arsed to show people like you how wonderful organisms are, and how beautifully they have evolved in time.

What logic is there? To believe in something I've never seen nor there is evidence for or to believe in something that there is evidence for and oh wait working in science things I have observed for myself.

Simple as that really. We didn't randomly pop out of somewhere. Its taken roughly 14 billion years to get to this stage. We have evidence to an extent for this. But if you say god created everything. Where he god come from in the first place?

Religion was the creation of man to control. Nothing more. Science changes its views based upon what is observed. Religion does not.
Reply 56
Oh well. Idgaf anyway.
I am a strict atheist but if God WAS real, I would like to discuss his purpose in creating humans to be the way they are. It would be an education rather than a moment of awe-struck wide-eyed wonder.
I am sorry, but I couldn't resist.

Items pre-dating any religious texts using techniques on known age items to provide estimate and comparison. Therefore making claims of religion invalid. Including this one. Next?
I've wasted enough time arguing with atheist, they think they know it all, so I guess they think they are their own god smh.

Quick Reply

Latest