The Student Room Group

What if God was real ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Hollowdon
I've wasted enough time arguing with atheist, they think they know it all, so I guess they think they are their own god smh.

THIS
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Ignoring your ad hom attacks on drowzee...

Sweden and Denmark are two examples of countries that are largely irreligious and have excellent gender equality, what is your evidence to suggest that "social decadence" is strife in these countries (as a result of their equal rights and lack of religiosity)?

I would rep but I'm not sure if it's because I agree with you or the fact that cara is your avatar.
Original post by StrawbAri
I would rep but I'm not sure if it's because I agree with you or the fact that cara is your avatar.

:lol: I think both are equally valid reasons :wink:
Your question is somewhat unlettered, I must say - I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. I would be rather sorry if this awful dictator was proven to exist but if such a thing would happen then I would need no excuse. In such an unlikely circumstance, I would be willing to admit being wrong and hope that this God, whichever one it may be, would value my reasoning on his existence and for actually contemplating it a lot more than many supposed theists.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
:lol: I think both are equally valid reasons :wink:

I repped (though 60% because cara is just a beauty)

As for thread,
People don't worship gods for a reason. Some just can't be arsed and don't mind the prospect of hell if there really was a god.
believing in god is more about faith and logic than using scientific evidence. Come on... if everything on this planet originates from somewhere why is it that you think humans and earth randomly popped out of nowhere. Why do you think that we are able breath, drink and eat to live. Our body is one the most complex mechanism on this planet, how the hell did that popped out of thin air. There is no proof god exists, but it's more believable to have faith that god does.

What a fantastically stupid argument. Faith and logic are oxymorons; the former I absolutely agree concerns a belief in God but certainly not the latter - logic actively defines it.

Nobody argues that homo sapiens, that is humans, came out of nothing but rather that we evolved as with other species on this planet. We are able to eat, breath and drink because we have evolved to do so in fitting with our environment; just as fish have evolved to breath, drink and eat underwater. To believe that this planet was the product of a creator who designed it with us humans in mind as the purpose strikes me as incredibly arrogant.
If he were real, I think he'd fly down from above on his magic carpet and ask you to use the subjunctive.
Original post by goobypls
What would your excuse be or would you just accept your faith ?

This is a purely "what if" for this scenario so don't deviate the thread ?

my excuse for what? I don't need to prove anything if a god did exist. If he really did exist he would understand that he has not given rational humans any sufficient evidence to believe in him. An omniscient god would understand why some people would choose not to believe in him.

I don't think it would impact my life in any way, I'd just continue living as I did.
I've wasted enough time arguing with atheist, they think they know it all, so I guess they think they are their own god smh.

AKA. You've had your points taken, deconstructed logically and demolished and you've given up. We dont pretend to know it all.

We base our views upon what is observed. So science. Religion bases its views upon books written by men thousands of years ago.
Reply 69
That's just a theory, proof or go to hell?

Scientific theories are more than simply "I think it's this", they're heavily backed by research and understanding to a point where it could well be a possibility because everything lines up well enough to be truth.

There are countless simulations to be found online where researchers have created a robot that has to 'learn' to do things and grow its own 'brain'. There are robots that have taught themselves to walk and made complex neural networks that when you look at them they look almost like they're created by intelligent design, but they learnt themselves via survival of the fittest and what works best for survival [[e.g. a non-failed simulation]]

It's pretty damn interesting if you have a look, but that's our current understanding of evolution and via logical progression evolution seems like a very likely process.

But hey if you want to put the religion argument in there, where did life originally start, if we assume that it progressed via evolution [[Or guided evolution if you want to assume further involvement]]. Science is still researching the origin of life, but until then feel free to claim that it was divine creation, it's the closest 'explanation' so far.
Then we would have free will to do whatever we want. OH WAIT! We do.
believing in god is more about faith and logic than using scientific evidence. Come on... if everything on this planet originates from somewhere why is it that you think humans and earth randomly popped out of nowhere. Why do you think that we are able breath, drink and eat to live. Our body is one the most complex mechanism on this planet, how the hell did that popped out of thin air. There is no proof god exists, but it's more believable to have faith that god does.

What nonsense. Humans and the earth did not randomly pop out of nowhere. The planet formed like all others do and humans evolved, like all animals do.

We are able to eat, drink and breathe because we have evolved to do so and without it we would die...
Original post by goobypls
What would your excuse be or would you just accept your faith ?

This is a purely "what if" for this scenario so don't deviate the thread ?

But which God?

The abrahamic one? Zues? Luig? Morrigan? Ares? Thor? Frea?

Theres a lot of Gods

Quick Reply

Latest