The Student Room Group

Worried can't make weight for career aspiration !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JD1lla
OP said 4 litres of water. That's absolutely fine. Won't die from drinking 4L haha.

Yeah, 4 litres. Well I will try.

The litre of fizzy drink I was having everyday, surely that was doing a lot of damage I am trying to undo now.

Thanks for responding.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, surprised they have a BMI limit. Seen some porky PCs before :biggrin:

Is there any fitness tests to do to join the Police?
Original post by JD1lla
OP said 4 litres of water. That's absolutely fine. Won't die from drinking 4L haha.

I wasn't quoting the OP, I was quoting "TheonlyMrsHolmes", who said (literally) "Drink tons of water" - one tonne of water is 1,000 litres. The OP would be as dead as a dodo. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha… (are you still laughing?)

Original post by Dasian
Plan on only drinking 4 litres of water a day.

As above.
Reply 23
Original post by TornadoGR4
Ah, surprised they have a BMI limit. Seen some porky PCs before :biggrin:

Is there any fitness tests to do to join the Police?

Maximum BMI of 30. I have seen a few too. I guess they are picky when you join. Not so fussed when you are in.

There is a bleep test, which requires a score of 5.4. I have been told this is easy as anything.

Hopefully, my 3x 30 minutes of hard jogging (3 incline) and hour of cardio machine will help me achieve that goal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
eat, eat, eat some more
oh you wanna lose weight lol

move, move, move some more
Original post by Dasian
Maximum BMI of 30. I have seen a few too. I guess they are picky when you join. Not so fussed when you are in.

There is a bleep test, which requires a score of 5.4. I have been told this is easy as anything.

Hopefully, my 3x 30 minutes of hard jogging (3 incline) and hour of cardio machine will help me achieve that goal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, 5.4 isn't bad. When I was training for my fitness test I did a trial bleep test and got 7.3 on my first attempt. They're very hard to train for imo, just doing bleep tests every other day didn't give me any improvement. Best I found was to ignore it & just run as long distance as I could with shorter, harder runs & interval training dotted in between.
Reply 27
Yeah, 5.4 isn't bad. When I was training for my fitness test I did a trial bleep test and got 7.3 on my first attempt. They're very hard to train for imo, just doing bleep tests every other day didn't give me any improvement. Best I found was to ignore it & just run as long distance as I could with shorter, harder runs & interval training dotted in between.

Hope so. Have been advised not to do High Interval Training on a low carb diet.

My 3x 30 minute jogs (3 incline) will consist of running as hard as I can without stopping. Gradually increasing the speed.

To be honest, right now. I feel I can do the bleep test. Just the weight affecting my BMI !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
1400-1450 Calories
What do you eat for breakfast?
Reply 30
Original post by TheTruthTeller
What do you eat for breakfast?

I have prepared these three food boxes. One for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Original post by Dasian
I have prepared these three food boxes. One for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Atleast eat some porridge for breakfast. Chicken in the morning? You workouts will feel lethargic without good conplez carbs like fruits
Diet is of course very important to fitness & weight loss. I've heard it's something like a 75/25 split in terms of importance. Although I've got a terrible diet, haven't changed it & still managed to get my fitness up to sufficient standards.
Reply 33
Atleast eat some porridge for breakfast. Chicken in the morning? You workouts will feel lethargic without good conplez carbs like fruits

Have been told to cut out all carbs. All my 3x jogs on treadmill are prior to each meal.
Reply 34
Diet is of course very important to fitness & weight loss. I've heard it's something like a 75/25 split in terms of importance. Although I've got a terrible diet, haven't changed it & still managed to get my fitness up to sufficient standards.

I would love to have gradually introduced exercise and cut out fatty foods from my diet in time for the medical exam.

I will be honest, don't know how I have managed to pass Application, Telephone Interview and Search Assessment Centre.
Do you feel full throughout the day? What specific times do you eat your meals?
Reply 36
Do you feel full throughout the day? What specific times do you eat your meals?

Today is day one. Tried to get up as early as I can. Then 45 minutes on treadmill before breakfast and then to work.

Approximately 5pm the next one and then 9pm after another run when I get home.

I have the next 9 days off work, will be more timetabled. 10-4-8.

Thanks
You can probably dehydrate yourself on the day/day before by going sauna/hot bath and runs lol. (If you're absolutely desperate). Could always research sodium loading and water cutting - both work quite well. Basically research how fighters cut weight 5 days out.
Reply 38
Original post by redbuthotter
You can probably dehydrate yourself on the day/day before by going sauna/hot bath and runs lol. (If you're absolutely desperate). Could always research sodium loading and water cutting - both work quite well. Basically research how fighters cut weight 5 days out.

Yeah. My personal trainer told me about dehydrating 5 days before. But was told as long as I stick to the diet and exercise I should be fine.

I have access to Sauna at my local gym. So might try that the day before.

Thanks for the tip.
Original post by Dasian
Yeah. My personal trainer told me about dehydrating 5 days before. But was told as long as I stick to the diet and exercise I should be fine.

I have access to Sauna at my local gym. So might try that the day before.

Thanks for the tip.

Yeah its a really drastic measure, but if its an option. I don't think as a beginner you should be looking to dehydrate more than 2-3kg.

Quick Reply

Latest