The Student Room Group

Worried can't make weight for career aspiration !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by redbuthotter
Yeah its a really drastic measure, but if its an option. I don't think as a beginner you should be looking to dehydrate more than 2-3kg.

Thanks for the advice.

I am going to try and keep up the diet and exercise. A week prior I will reassess.
You need to drop like 3 or 4 kilos for one day? I did that in December by turning the heat up in my car for a 2 hour drive.
Reply 42
Original post by SmashConcept
You need to drop like 3 or 4 kilos for one day? I did that in December by turning the heat up in my car for a 2 hour drive.

Yeah a few KG for the day. I would be surprised if they continuously checked our BMI after that.
How was day 1? Did you feel full and how did rhe exercise make you feel?
Reply 44
Original post by TheTruthTeller
How was day 1? Did you feel full and how did rhe exercise make you feel?

Even though it looks like small portions. The food is filling. Can barely finish each portion.

I have managed to go down a pound from yesterday.

12 stone 13.75 pounds to
12 stone 12.75 pounds.

I exercised twice yesterday, total of 650 calories burned. Only ate around 1200ish calories.

19 days to go.
Do you have any long term fitness goals/ideas for post medical? What you've been saying so far doesn't seem very sustainable in the long term.

Find it a bit unnerving those are the fitness requirements to be a copper tbh. Are they higher for traffic cops and those on patrols etc? When you've mentioned they don't even continue to long term assessment is even more dissapointing. It's very easy to drop 3-4kg in a day to make weight, which means potentially accepting the obese o.O

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dasian
Yeah a few KG for the day. I would be surprised if they continuously checked our BMI after that.

You're gonna lose at least that much in water weight over the next week, 19 days should be a piece of piss mate :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by WoodyMKC
You're gonna lose at least that much in water weight over the next week, 19 days should be a piece of piss mate :smile:

I hope so.

Thank you very much :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by RollerBall
Do you have any long term fitness goals/ideas for post medical? What you've been saying so far doesn't seem very sustainable in the long term.

Find it a bit unnerving those are the fitness requirements to be a copper tbh. Are they higher for traffic cops and those on patrols etc? When you've mentioned they don't even continue to long term assessment is even more dissapointing. It's very easy to drop 3-4kg in a day to make weight, which means potentially accepting the obese o.O

Posted from TSR Mobile

All my previous roles did not require any fitness. To be honest, I did not even think I would get this far, from 18,000 applicants to prospective 80.

We was told 5-6 months ago that we would need to get to a max 30 BMI however, I have spent more time revising than exercising.

I would love to take this opportunity and would hate if my weight got in the way of being a public servant.

Will switch to a moderate diet and switch to regular exercise post medical.

Thanks for the input.
Reply 49
Just to update everyone;

Day 3 Morning Weigh In;

12 Stone 10.75 Pounds

In 3 days I have lost 6 pounds. Another 10 to go.
Reply 50
Another update;

Day 4 Morning Weigh In;

12 Stone 10.25 Pounds.

Only half a pound. I will say, I was lacking with exercise yesterday, so I want to make up for that today.
Updates? This quite a drastic change but I hope you haven't given up on your dreams!
Reply 52
My apologies everyone, since work and training, I haven had much time to think about anything else.

Update; 4 days to go (Tuesday is Assessment).

I am currently 12 stone 7.76 pounds, which makes me 29.7 BMI. I have managed to hit it.

Today-Tomorrow and Saturday,

I have started a Juice Diet (Obsidian Juices). Which is like 4 cold pressed juices a day for 3 days. Around 1000 calories a day. I still burn around 600-900 calories a day. Losing weight steady.

The drinks are absolutely horrible and I am 100% hungry !

Will update what weight/BMI I am in the morning.

Thanks
Reply 53
Apologies about the slow updates.

End of day 3 on the Juice Diet. Absolutely horrible drinks.

Day 2 Weigh In is;

12 stone 5.75 pounds.

Gets me to 29.4 BMI.

Will weigh again in the morning. Back to solid food tomorrow.
Reply 54
Last weigh in. Tomorrow is my medical assessment.

I weigh in today at 12 stone 3.75 pounds. Which pus me at 29.1 BMI

Managed to come from 32 to 29.1 BMI

What a hard task.
How did it go dude and what is your diet like now?

Quick Reply

Latest