The Student Room Group

Applying to retake one module

Hi,

I have been told by the University that I will be able to apply for student finance for retaking one fail module for next year.

The information I got from them was that the cost of repeating one x 20 credit module would be £340 for 2015/16, if I am repeating with attendance.

They also told me that I would be a "part time" student on a "full time course" for the 2015/16 year.

My question is that how do go about applying for this on the student finance website? I have check my account and have notice I can select to apply for either full time or part time funding. I am not sure which one to select from these or do I need to contact student finance through phone?

Also this is a final year module I am retaking for the first time. I havn't used any "gift year" if this helps.

Thanks.
Hi,

Apply as a full time student. Even if you're only attedning part time your still entitled to full funding as it's designated as a full time course.

Thanks.
Reply 2
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi,

Apply as a full time student. Even if you're only attedning part time your still entitled to full funding as it's designated as a full time course.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for replying, I will do that.

I have just one more question if that is fine.

When I select start a new application for full time, I have to refill all the information in again. On the section about "Courses" I have filled in the same course information as previous year. But I have notice there is no option or information about retaking the year/module, and the tutition fee is set at
maximum amount (£9k).

Is there anything I need to do on the application to inform student finace that this is for re-applying for one module (£340 cost) for the full year? I have also notice there an option of selecting the year of the course I am studying, would I just need to select the last year?

If you need any other information, this is a sandwich course which I have just finished my final year, but failed only one module which is what I am re-applying for next year.

Thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending