The Student Room Group

Adjustment and Clearing

My requirements for my firm is ABB and my insurance BBC. If I were to get below my firm and above my insurance, can I go for adjustment or clearing? I want to keep my insurance option open, yet find a Uni that can offer me a place. I am opting for this because, I don't think I would want to go to my insurance anymore. Help?
Original post by jennjamandus
My requirements for my firm is ABB and my insurance BBC. If I were to get below my firm and above my insurance, can I go for adjustment or clearing? I want to keep my insurance option open, yet find a Uni that can offer me a place. I am opting for this because, I don't think I would want to go to my insurance anymore. Help?

No, adjustment applies only to your firm offer.
Adjustment only if you exceed your firm.

You are fine to go through clearing
Original post by jennjamandus

Original post by IllmaticDragon
Adjustment only if you exceed your firm.

You are fine to go through clearing

If you have met your insurance offer, you will not be placed in clearing automatically. If you really don't want to go to your insurance, you will have to ask to be released before entering clearing, as you cannot accept a clearing place without a clearing number- most unis will not make offers to candidates without clearing numbers either, and some may not talk to you at all!

Getting released usually takes 24-48 hours, but can take longer as results day is such a busy time for unis. If you really don't want to go to your insurance, then that is what you need to do- but there is no guarantee of finding another place you would prefer.
firm choose 280 ucas (bbc) insurance choice aaa. what do i do if i change my mind on results day and want to go to my insurance place ?
Original post by Samantha01
firm choose 280 ucas (bbc) insurance choice aaa. what do i do if i change my mind on results day and want to go to my insurance place ?

you have to ask for your firm to put you into clearing and hope that your insurance will be in clearing by the time you get put into it.
Once you re accepted by your firm your insurance offer is gone basically.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending