The Student Room Group

Should I give up trying to get a girlfriend?

I get pretty much no attention from girls. During the day none of them will look at me, they don't act friendly to me when serving in the supermarket etc. I have only kissed one girl and that was because my friends set that up at a party. I am kind of socially awkward as well so I doubt i'll be able to get one at university either. Should I just give up?
No. You probably should just try to be more confident; that's the key to finding someone.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I get pretty much no attention from girls. During the day none of them will look at me, they don't act friendly to me when serving in the supermarket etc. I have only kissed one girl and that was because my friends set that up at a party. I am kind of socially awkward as well so I doubt i'll be able to get one at university either. Should I just give up?

Well, when i go to supermarket i'm not really looking for a boyfriend. What i'm trying to say is, you need to put your self in more "social" situations, like going to a party. Are you going to uni in September? If so freshers week is your moment, were you will probably know nobody and you can pretend that you are not an socially awkward person. :biggrin: Go for it. By the way don't give up aha.
I hear ye mate, every school I've been in up to sixth form and no girls at all. A lot of the lads in my year have gfs and rub it in our faces, even when we're decent looking (I know I am, trust me). Pisses me off, and most of the girls are into me at first bc I'm Irish (:wink:) and then bitches run around spreading rumours so they back off - happens to every guy I know, ****ing ridiculous like.
I think you should give up because it's when you stop looking that someone comes along. A person who is independent and able to be happy on their own is boyfriend material!

You need to go with the flow
Original post by Hevachan
I think you should give up because it's when you stop looking that someone comes along. A person who is independent and able to be happy on their own is boyfriend material!

Really?
Don't give up, improve yourself. Become the person you would like to be.

Female attention will follow.
Reply 8
Original post by Hayley Williams
you need to put your self in more "social" situations, like going to a party. Are you going to uni in September? If so freshers week is your moment, were you will probably know nobody and you can pretend that you are not an socially awkward person. :biggrin: Go for it. By the way don't give up aha.

I just did a foundation year, and for the entire year I only got attention from like 5 girls, but I couldn't progress any of them due to my social awkwardness. Yes i'm starting at a new University for my full degree this September, but it will probably just be the same story
Original post by DMcGovern
I hear ye mate, every school I've been in up to sixth form and no girls at all. A lot of the lads in my year have gfs and rub it in our faces, even when we're decent looking (I know I am, trust me). Pisses me off, and most of the girls are into me at first bc I'm Irish (:wink:) and then bitches run around spreading rumours so they back off - happens to every guy I know, ****ing ridiculous like.

Aww we're not all like that Hun! Girls are bitchy to other girls too trust me!

Hugs <3
Really?

Definitely, girls want someone with a backbone who they can rely on :smile:
Definitely, girls want someone with a backbone who they can rely on :smile:

I know that, but the tone was just really annoying :biggrin:
yeah, try guys instead
I know that, but the tone was just really annoying :biggrin:

Oh sorry Haha it wasn't meant in an annoying way, tone is difficult online :redface:
it's when you stop looking that someone comes along!

I'm not sure about that because I haven't exactly been looking (going to nightclubs, trying to flirt with girls) and yet I still don't have a girlfriend. Girls just don't seem to acknowledge me like in the gym, walking around University etc.
I'm not sure about that because I haven't exactly been looking (going to nightclubs, trying to flirt with girls) and yet I still don't have a girlfriend. Girls just don't seem to acknowledge me like in the gym, walking around University etc.

Hmm.. do you think girls are acknowledging other men and ignoring you in particular? Are these girls you know or strangers?
Hmm.. do you think girls are acknowledging other men and ignoring you in particular? Are these girls you know or strangers?

Well I thought that girls will stare at guys they walk past who they think are attractive, or act nicer to them? With me, girls never look at me or act nicely.
Technically speaking it's theoretically possible for somebody to come along without you expecting or really looking for somebody, so I would argue that there is no real giving up on getting on a girlfriend, only giving up on actively searching, and there's no real answer for whether one should or shouldn't do that cuz whether you are or you aren't actively searching doesn't matter in the slightest.
Well I thought that girls will stare at guys they walk past who they think are attractive, or act nicer to them? With me, girls never look at me or act nicely.

That's true but only if they are a real hunk and 90% of men dont fall into that category.. which is fine :smile: most girls aren't looking for a boyfriend that actively, especially at university..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending