The Student Room Group

Meningitis vaccination

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Moonstruck16
What if you've changed GP for university? Is it all on the system?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you change GP the old one sends all your health record over so they should have them but if you find some are missing it may be because they were administered in your school.
When I got mine I was missing loads of injections I knew I had and the receptionist told me the ones you get in school are on a separate record, I cant remember the name of it, but she gave me a number for a child health department that was then able to send me a full list of my school vaccinations as well.

Edit* I found the sheet, it was Child Health Service
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
Just to add I had my mmr when I was a kid but when they tested me for immunity just before I started my last course I wasn't immune to measles or mumps so worth checking out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My school offered vaccination but my parents did not allow me to take it because they believe in some conspiracies about vaccines.
Reply 23
Can I just add I had all the mmr as a child but when I started my first course they tested me and I wasn't immune anymore so had to have the mmr again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi
Hope you guys can help re the MMR, my Dr is adamant that I've not had them as a child (my mum is 100% sure I did (still got the baby book!!0 but the Surgery is refusing to give me the MMR saying its down to occupational health where as they're saying its up to my GP to do (which I tend to agree with!) has anyone else had issues like this? Im due to start my first year on Friday so really want to get it sorted asap, so any similar experience/advice would be really helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending