The Student Room Group

Failed first year

Hi
Unfortunately I have failed my first year of uni as I failed one module (maths) which I found particularly difficult because i didnt do maths at a level even though the uni didnt specify this as a requirement

I now have two options: I can wait a year and reapply to my uni onto a different course which I dont mind as its pretty much the same or I can do my first year at another uni now and transfer back to my uni for level 2. I cant decide between the two, if I wait a year im hoping to do AS maths to help me with the degree level maths as well as get a job and experience and focus on passing my driving test. If i do level 1 at another uni, Im concerned they wont let me transfer even if i pass.

Any advice please?
Reply 1
Well with the facts you presented I would wait a year, but ONLY if you're actually going to do everything planned. If you take a year off and don't actually do anything planned then it's a complete waste and you will most likely fail your math module again.

Like you said, you might not be able to get a transfer back to your original university anyway, so you'll end up graduating at a university you didn't want to just because you didn't take a year off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending