The Student Room Group

Dropping out this early?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mcgreevy1993
Whilst you are still pretty early into this course and routine, you do have a few options to think about.

1) contact Exeter and other campuses you may like. Most universities started last week or this week - some will still take you on. Since you're not paying for accommodation the only thing you will owe kings is the tuition fees for however many classes you've had so far. Contact these unis directly and see if they have spaces, some will and may still be happy to accept a late application. This can happen, and will avoid any need for a gap year. (My house mate in 1st year left Coventry university, and joined Plymouth university 2 weeks late) you will still make friends and get to know any new house mates. Missing the first few weeks does not make you an outcast, just the new person. So make a decision based on if you're definetley sure kings is not for you, and you will happy happier elsewhere.

2) stick the course for the year and transfer with the first year credits in second year. Some unis will let you in in second year providing you achieve a certain percentage in 1st year, and your course is similar. This will give you more time to decide how you feel about kings.

3) take a gap year and work, earn some money - sort out what you want from a uni, campus, lifestyle wise and then reapply for 2016 entry.

Good luck :smile:
I went to Falmouth uni for a year, I knew I hated it from sept and I stuck it out til may. It was the worse mistake, it was a year wasted and a lot of money. Always go with your gut.

Hi, thanks :smile: Why did you hate falmouth, I was thinking about applying to Exeter (FXU) :wink:
Commuting can drag the course and Uni experience down, trust me, I done it for a year through my Foundation course to Coventry on the train everyday. At first it can be un-encouraging, the time it takes, the money that is needed for this, but I said to myself "lets see it through". Given my foundation was only for a year, but my point is that by a couple of months in it became a natural morning pattern.

Try it out for a couple of months, feel the same? Then look into moving, but don't jump on the bandwagon just yet, give it a go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending