The Student Room Group

What the hell is this guy about?

So, there's this guy, who I've started to get to know - I'm new at college. I sort of thought he might be interested in me from his body language like fidgeting making eye contact a lot, dilated eyes, etc. I found it's pretty easy for us to have conversation. We had a pretty deep chat all day at college, he's had some pretty severe stuff happening to him but he said he didn't feel lonely around me. He said his head was all over the place that day. At the end of the day we kissed passionately, admittedly we were both a little drunk but he held the back of my head and the small of my back as he did so. Then when we left I tried to take his hand but he was like 'no I don't want to' but I wasn't sure if that was a 'no I don't want to now' or 'no I just don't want to'. After he said 'no I don't want to' I started to feel like he was a bit of a player trying to mess with my head, or maybe he's just in a bad place because of the bad things that have been happening to him. I can't work him out. Do you think he likes me? Help.
Reply 1
oh and to make matters even more complicated, there was a party downstairs that I went into and which he said he wasn't up for that night because of what had been going on. However I went in and wasn't expecting him to come in after me. He came in and sat on the steps just watching and having a cigarette. Have absoloutely no clue what this means, whether he was just there to enjoy the vibes a bit or whether he wanted to see that I was alright because he does actually care. Confused.
Should still let him know you are available if he wants to talk to you. If nothing happens after that, move on with life :wink:

Oh, and does his smoking habit change your opinion of him by any chance?
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
Should still let him know you are available if he wants to talk to you. If nothing happens after that, move on with life :wink:

true. I hope he knows I'm available to talk already but yeah I can let him know when I next speak to him. Thanks.
Reply 4
I would be wary, if I were you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by shawn_o1

Oh, and does his smoking habit change your opinion of him by any chance?

Nah, I used to smoke but I quit but I understand how people get hooked. I still have a cigarette if I'm on a night out and want to enjoy my drink with a cigarette. But we've talked about that even, and how hard it is to give up. He said he wants to but he can't. I said he probably can if I can...
Reply 6
Original post by misalona
I would be wary, if I were you

Posted from TSR Mobile

wary? why?
Original post by Anonymous
So, there's this guy, who I've started to get to know - I'm new at college. I sort of thought he might be interested in me from his body language like fidgeting making eye contact a lot, dilated eyes, etc. I found it's pretty easy for us to have conversation. We had a pretty deep chat all day at college, he's had some pretty severe stuff happening to him but he said he didn't feel lonely around me. He said his head was all over the place that day. At the end of the day we kissed passionately, admittedly we were both a little drunk but he held the back of my head and the small of my back as he did so. Then when we left I tried to take his hand but he was like 'no I don't want to' but I wasn't sure if that was a 'no I don't want to now' or 'no I just don't want to'. After he said 'no I don't want to' I started to feel like he was a bit of a player trying to mess with my head, or maybe he's just in a bad place because of the bad things that have been happening to him. I can't work him out. Do you think he likes me? Help.

Maybe he feels like he doesn't want to drag you into his world by pursuing something and kissing you made him realise that? But don't fret, it could mean anything to be honest.

Judging from what you've said you seem to be important to him, whether it's in a special kind of way I don't know. Maybe go for a kiss when you're both sober?
Reply 8
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe he feels like he doesn't want to drag you into his world by pursuing something and kissing you made him realise that? But don't fret, it could mean anything to be honest.

Judging from what you've said you seem to be important to him, whether it's in a special kind of way I don't know. Maybe go for a kiss when you're both sober?

'special kind of way' hahaha. Thanks for replying. I've also remembered he said 'wow' when we kissed... dunno what that means. Crazy times. Oh well, I suppose it's a bit of excitement in my life but also have to remember that he is going through a hard time and need to keep myself level headed :smile:
I guess he's confused about how he feels and where he is at right now. I would say give him some time and see.
I guess he's confused about how he feels and where he is at right now. I would say give him some time and see.

ahaa I don't like the sound of 'confused about how he feels'
'special kind of way' hahaha. Thanks for replying. I've also remembered he said 'wow' when we kissed... dunno what that means. Crazy times. Oh well, I suppose it's a bit of excitement in my life but also have to remember that he is going through a hard time and need to keep myself level headed :smile:

Maybe the wow thing was that it was his first time or he felt something in particular when it happened.

And yes, that's a good mindset.
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe the wow thing was that it was his first time or he felt something in particular when it happened.

And yes, that's a good mindset.

Nah it deffo wasn't his first time, he's 24 and I know he's had girlfriends in the past.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending