The Student Room Group

Teacher said I'm gorgeous...

I was speaking to a friend earlier about college memories and she mentioned how she thought our maths teacher had a thing for me. Now, I didn't think anything of it at the time but, looking back I'm a bit weirded out by it.
It happened when my teacher was discussing my predicted grades with me, with my college profile open on the computer, he looked at my ID picture and turned to my friend and said "Isn't she gorgeous?"
Is that an odd thing to say, I mean I'm not particularly attractive so maybe he felt sorry for me?

Scroll to see replies

Careful if he asks you to stay after class to figure out the square root of 69?:wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
That just sounds like bants to be honest, probably just trying to be friendly.
Reply 3
Original post by That's so mean:(
Careful if he asks you to stay after class to figure out the square root of 69?:wink:

Har har har :colonhash:
I've finished my A-levels.
Reply 4
Original post by Wilfred Little
That just sounds like bants to be honest, probably just trying to be friendly.

He's touched/held my shoulder many times and touched my hand once that's why I'm kind of freaked out, I mean nothing else happened and I've left college since but looking back I'm trying to figure out if my friend is right.
Original post by Anonymous
Har har har :colonhash:
I've finished my A-levels.

Oh right so his not your teacher any more, then who cares.

As long as he wasn't trying to plug his solution into your equation.:wink:

Then I see no problem.

Get over it.:indiff:
If you're not going to have any contact (:tongue:) with the teacher anymore, what's the point in worrying about it...?
Reply 7
Original post by Shostakovish
One of my teachers was like that to me - I thought, and still do, think that he was probably just being sympathetic

Yeah that's what I thought too.

Oh right so his not your teacher any more, then who cares.

As long as he wasn't trying to plug his solution into your equation.:wink:

Then I see no problem.

Get over it.:indiff:

If you're not going to have any contact (:tongue:) with the teacher anymore, what's the point in worrying about it...?

Just wondering if it's weird/normal for him to do that or if anyone has seen teachers do something similar?

It happened when my teacher was discussing my predicted grades with me, with my college profile open on the computer, he looked at my ID picture and turned to my friend and said "Isn't she gorgeous?"

This thread is missing said ID photo.
Why make a thread about this when you've finished A-levels? :curious: Get over it. Smh
Maybe your teacher wants to put his D inside you

Just wondering if it's weird/normal for him to do that or if anyone has seen teachers do something similar?

Well, you've probably answered your own question there, so I'd leave it at that.

Worrying about something insignificant that happened yesterday is bad enough, but worrying about something insignificant that happened months ago is just a total waste of time.

No, he was being friendly, as long as he wasn't trying to bisect your angle then it's all good.

You should take it as a compliment now stop worrying with the answer to this equation.
Bet he has a picture of that ID photo on his window at home :wink:
#humblebrag
Well, you've probably answered your own question there, so I'd leave it at that.

Worrying about something insignificant that happened yesterday is bad enough, but worrying about something insignificant that happened months ago is just a total waste of time.

There's a difference between wondering and worrying...

No, he was being friendly, as long as he wasn't trying to bisect your angle then it's all good.

You should take it as a compliment now stop worrying with the answer to this equation.

Please stop with all these mathematical jokes j :lol:
I was speaking to a friend earlier about college memories and she mentioned how she thought our maths teacher had a thing for me. Now, I didn't think anything of it at the time but, looking back I'm a bit weirded out by it.It happened when my teacher was discussing my predicted grades with me, with my college profile open on the computer, he looked at my ID picture and turned to my friend and said "Isn't she gorgeous?"Is that an odd thing to say, I mean I'm not particularly attractive so maybe he felt sorry for me?
He's a maths teacher. He might just be socially awkward.
I wish I could have that attention from my English teacher :frown:
Original post by Lord Kitchener
#humblebrag

What?

Original post by RayApparently
He's a maths teacher. He might just be socially awkward.

He wasn't to be honest, he was funny and loud.

He wasn't to be honest, he was funny and loud.

Oh. Well I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending