The Student Room Group

The implant

Is it worth going on the implant? I have been with my boyfriend now for 2 years and I get so frustrated when I'm on. I hate periods as it is anyway. But Im not sure if its any good??
I think it's pretty effective... Lots of my friends have it. Not sure it guarantees no periods though, which is why I would rather stick to the pill.
I'm pretty sure it's the most reliable form of contraception, however there is no guarantee of it stopping your periods, I had a constant period on it so I switched to the pill
it seems to have quite polarising reviews. I've had it for nearly 5 years and its been a wonder for me, ive had no bad side effects and haven't had a period in about 3 years.
I've had my implant for almost 2 years now, and before that I was on the depo injection.

I've not had any periods for around 7 years :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm planning on trying it, got an appointment to ask my doctor about it next week :yep: I figure if I hate it I'll just get it taken out

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had it for about 5 years. I had terrible period and ovulation pains that would wake me in the night, and required pain killers for me to be able to get back to sleep. I saw the dr about it numerous times, but was always told that it was due to ibs, however it stopped as soon as I had my implant removed. I have the mirena coil now which suits me much better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest