The Student Room Group

Girls, would you mind if your BF/husband was addicted to sports?

Scroll to see replies

Shoot them (as in those who watch sports, play, on the other hand, I'm fine with. :smile:)
Original post by vis break
is fapping a sport?

I guess so, forearm game strong 💪
Yes, same as all addictions that I have little interest in, it'd definitely cause conflict.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Ah, so you don't mind that one of mine is stamp collecting? :teeth:

What a charming, if naïve, view of the world :h:

Collect all the stamps you need :h:

Naive? I'm not 12. I do know how these things work
Depends on if they're still able to spend time with me etc. If they place sports above everything and everyone including me then that's a huge turn-off, a balanced guy is a turn on.
Reply 25
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Liverpool ahaha

I'm out
Original post by Welkom
I'm out

:cry2:
I think a lot of women would actively prefer a sporty man. Also, if she has plenty of her own hobbies then it's not an issue, she could be doing her own thing for 20hrs+ a week too. :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
:cry2:

Sorry :arsenal:
Original post by Welkom
Sorry :arsenal:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I wouldn't mind if my partner was passionate about sports (or any other hobby) and spent a lot of time on it.
So long as they didn't constantly put that hobby first. So for example if they were constantly cancelling plans on me or not seeing me because of the hobby, then that would be a deal breaker for me. As I value reliability, and I just cannot stand selfish behaviour, as I would never cancel on them constantly because I wanted to do something or put a hobby constantly before them. Everyone needs some "me time" and that's okay, but it comes to a point where its taking the piss to be honest. There needs to be a balance, I don't want to be third wheeling a football.

Also I didn't take the title of "addiction" seriously or literally. As to me any actual addiction is a complete turn off and probably a deal breaker.
(edited 8 years ago)
Wouldn't bother me at all. At least it's not an addiction to drugs.
Nah that'd be great..

Spoiler

Original post by Foo.mp3
Hurray! How about my new #Electrosmoggy campaigning obsession?

Then you'll know that the vast majority of people do not have a true 'passion'

Spoiler

I like it. I shall follow them on Twitter too!

Most people like doing those things so yes,they do have a passion :wink:
Original post by Foo.mp3
That's my new twitter fam, but cool, appreciate the support, and please spread the word e.g. retweet my spam

Dear me. We're going to have to reprogram you, that's the kind of thing a drone would say/genuinely believe :facepalm2:

Oh and you didn't care to tell me before? :mad:

What's a drone btw?
Original post by Foo.mp3
Huh? I instructed you to spill the beans

Someone who follows our uninspiring, lifeless 'modern' Western 'culture'

What beans? That was a separate thread. I didn't know you had a new Twitter account. Kinda upset now ;(
No, I wouldn't mind. At least he'll have the passion for sports that I lack.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Oops, sorry - lost track. I set it up yesterday, and only finished the logo etc today, and wanted to tell you, but it's a little hard without direct lines of communication eh. I did put all the links in my sig, however, which I felt sure you would see. Please do spread the word/look at the site and encourage others to as well :smile:

Oh dear foo,we certainly have lost touch eh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending