The Student Room Group

How can I be more tolerable towards my aunt's pierceings.

My aunt is 2 years older than me she like piercings I hate them I keep telling her to take them out as many people don't employ people with piercings as it is seen as unprofessional by many.I can't help it but argue with her about it, she wants to study architecture in a year or 2 I don't want her to be be disadvantaged due to her looks.But each time I bring it up we argue I want to tolerate it but she is damaging her body which was God given and she is not respecting it.
Original post by Anonymous
My aunt is 2 years older than me she like piercings I hate them I keep telling her to take them out as many people don't employ people with piercings as it is seen as unprofessional by many.I can't help it but argue with her about it, she wants to study architecture in a year or 2 I don't want her to be be disadvantaged due to her looks.But each time I bring it up we argue I want to tolerate it but she is damaging her body which was God given and she is not respecting it.

If you've told her and she still refuses, then it's her choice. Not yours. Live and let others live. She isn't hurting you by doing this, it's her business.
Reply 2
I feel sorry for you, people with piercings are just urgh. Thankfully I don't have people in my family who cover themselves in them. Unattractive habit.
Reply 3
Original post by Student403
If you've told her and she still refuses, then it's her choice. Not yours. Live and let others live. She isn't hurting you by doing this, it's her business.

It is the main reason we argue.I can't stand them they are disgraceful.
It is the main reason we argue.I can't stand them they are disgraceful.

That's your problem. Not hers.

God says your body is a temple, but He doesn't say anything about decorating the walls! Depending on the job type, different jobs have different preferences on piercings. I doubt architecture would care much about piercings, however she can always take them out/wear clear studs and so on. As long as she cares for them, she is not damaging her body,

It's good that you care, but it is your aunt's choice on how she wants to present herself. If it makes her feel happy and confident, then you have no right to put her down and not be understanding about what she wants to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending