The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adds24
Just received my first offer from Northumbria woohoo!!:biggrin:

congratulationsss
Original post by archincent
Thank you for your advice. I just sent my portfolio. However, I received an email saying:

Please note:If your portfolio is:• Over 6mb• Not in one single file• Not in a format we can access• Contains more than 8 ‘slides’ (plus title page)Then we will ask you to resend the portfolio in the format outlined in the portfolio request.

I am quite worried on the 8 slides. Because I have 9 slides if I include the title page. I thought the title page won't affect the number of slides or did I kisinterpret it?

I think that should be fine, if not I'm sure they will just ask you to resend it. I got that message as well!
Original post by Grace_jessica1
I think that should be fine, if not I'm sure they will just ask you to resend it. I got that message as well!

Thank you. How many slides does your portfolio have?
Reply 403
Offer from Cambridge! :smile: Over the moon. Good luck to everyone!
Reply 404
congratulationsss

Thank you!
Reply 405
Original post by Myria_x
Congratsss👍👍

Thank you!
Reply 406
Original post by larra7

Congratss,!!!
Reply 407
Original post by larra7

Well done!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by larra7

SHIZZ congrats!! Got rejected by them haha 😅
coventry or dmu? help;((
Original post by larra7

That is amazing. Congratulationss!
Hi guys! just found this thread now, but actually glad I found it. I'm from Italy and applied to UCL, Nottingham, Newcastle, Oxford Brookes, and London South Bank.
I'll send my application tomorrow since my teacher has been neglecting my reference for a long time LOL, but tomorrow she will submit it, at least that is what she told me, let's hope for the best
Reply 412
Original post by gerttruda
coventry or dmu? help;((

I recommend you using the Which?University website as a guide, (that's what I used to look at the stats and get a rough idea). The website allows you to look at what is in both courses, e.g the modules, general stats like the percentage of people who get 2:1s and above, the weighting of coursework and exams etc.
If you have time try and visit both universities to get a feel of life there etc. What does your gut feeling tell you?! Good luck!
Is there any doing a foreign language as an alevel and have applied to UCL? Apparently you have to indicate in your personal statement that the foreign language alevel you're taking is not your first language? I have already handed in my application and I did not mention in my personal statement about the language thing since I only found it after I applied. Now I'm scared being rejected straight away because without the predicted grades of that alevel I won't be meeting the minimum requirement.. Do you think they'll let me off if I email them and clarify it's not my first language?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 414
Original post by larra7

Congrats, Larra!!! First Cam offer on this thread!! Which college?
Will u give up UCL then?
Reply 415
Original post by blinkofaneyee
Is there any doing a foreign language as an alevel and have applied to UCL? Apparently you have to indicate in your personal statement that the foreign language alevel you're taking is not your first language? I have already handed in my application and I did not mention in my personal statement about the language thing since I only found it after I applied. Now I'm scared being rejected straight away because without the predicted grades of that alevel I won't be meeting the minimum requirement.. Do you think they'll let me off if I email them and clarify it's not my first language?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is the FL a requirement for UCL? Wasn't aware of that. Don't worry so much. Am sure many applicants only have the FL for GCSE level.
Guys how long did you wait for the decision after sending your portfolio ? I applied to kent, sheffield and newcastsle..
Reply 417
Guys how long did you wait for the decision after sending your portfolio ? I applied to kent, sheffield and newcastsle..

For me Kent was about 2 weeks and Sheffield about a month. It will definitely depend on when you applied though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 418

Kent, wasn't asked for a portolio - 2 days.
Sheffield, about a month
Reply 419
Original post by larra7

That's so amazing! Good job! is that going to be your firm?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending