The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oliverch
Hi all,

I've applied at Newcastle, Nottingham, Liverpool, Sheffield and Kent. Anyone applied to any of these? Will they all ask me for a portfolio? (I know Liverpool and Sheffield certainly will).

Good luck everyone!

Hey, I don't know if anyone already responded to this but anyway.

I've applied to all the same as you apart from Kent, I applied to Manchester. All of them have asked for portfolios and they've all been pretty similar in the amount of time given/requirements, other than Nottingham who quite specifically asked for 3D and also seemed to take ages to ask for the portfolio at all... The others were really quick.

Good luck!
Original post by armadsillo
I got an offer from Newcastle two weeks after submitting my portfolio, and Nottingham asked for a portfolio nearly 6 weeks after I sent off my UCAS. I was worried so I rang Notts. to ask if I'd missed something, then got the portfolio request email about 2 hours later!

Oh may i ask when you sent your ucas? I sent mine like over a month but still heard nothing from notts (i understand they might still be on xmas break(?)) but yeahh i'm still a little bit worried...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had to ring Nots too, as did someone else I know who applied there.

They had an error in their internal system that meant new applicants weren't flagged, hence they didn't contact them.

Although there has been a Christmas break,
I think it can only be beneficial to ring and just ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone!
I've applied for Manchester, UCL, Cardiff, Nottingham and Edinburgh. I am happy I have received two offers from the MSA and Nottingham but still waiting to hear from the other three universities. I have also sent my Bartlett task roughly two months ago so as the Cardiff portfolio request one month ago. Hoping there is not a problem with my application. I would like to ask is somebody else had to wait such long time to hear back from uni?:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Georgiev
Hello everyone!
I've applied for Manchester, UCL, Cardiff, Nottingham and Edinburgh. I am happy I have received two offers from the MSA and Nottingham but still waiting to hear from the other three universities. I have also sent my Bartlett task roughly two months ago so as the Cardiff portfolio request one month ago. Hoping there is not a problem with my application. I would like to ask is somebody else had to wait such long time to hear back from uni?:smile:

Im still waiting to hear from Edinburgh.
After how long did Nottigham reply?
Original post by Myria_x
Im still waiting to hear from Edinburgh.
After how long did Nottigham reply?

About 3 weeks after I sent my portfolio!
Original post by oliverch
Hi all,

I've applied at Newcastle, Nottingham, Liverpool, Sheffield and Kent. Anyone applied to any of these? Will they all ask me for a portfolio? (I know Liverpool and Sheffield certainly will).

Good luck everyone!

Hey :smile:

I applied to UCL, Manchester, Sheffield, Newcastle and Kent. I've sent off UCL, Manchester and Newcastle and Sheffield is due tomorrow. However, I haven't even gotten a portfolio request from Kent... is this normal? I sent my application at the beginning of December...
Original post by sherifshehata
Hey :smile:

I applied to UCL, Manchester, Sheffield, Newcastle and Kent. I've sent off UCL, Manchester and Newcastle and Sheffield is due tomorrow. However, I haven't even gotten a portfolio request from Kent... is this normal? I sent my application at the beginning of December...

Kent didnt ask for a portfolio, they made me an offer though so I guess that it is normal :smile:
Original post by Myria_x
Kent didnt ask for a portfolio, they made me an offer though so I guess that it is normal :smile:

Alright thank you :smile: I just Kents Arch dept. and was told that they might not ask for a portfolio if I do A Level art or any alternative (I do HL art in IB). Hopefully that's the case. Do you mind me asking what the conditions of your offer are?
Original post by AndyB_97
Hello,

I have done the Manchester task and they have lowered their offer for me. I got offered AAB rather then AAA. I was really aurprised by it. Here is the link to my blog I have done for them.

I also got accepted to Sheffield (AAA) but I do not have my task on me at the moment (sorry). But I will be happy to help you if you have any questions) hope it helps

Hey, the MSA task is the same for all applicants, isn't it. You maybe mean that you have perfect portfolio blog:smile::smile:. I have also received an offer from Manchester but its AAA, can you share me your blog. It will be a pleasure to see it:smile:.
Thank you in advance!
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey, the MSA task is the same for all applicants, isn't it. You maybe mean that you have perfect portfolio blog:smile::smile:. I have also received an offer from Manchester but its AAA, can you share me your blog. It will be a pleasure to see it:smile:.
Thank you in advance!

MSA Task? I didn't get a task, I was just asked to submit a portfolio... Is that what you mean?
Original post by sherifshehata
Alright thank you :smile: I just Kents Arch dept. and was told that they might not ask for a portfolio if I do A Level art or any alternative (I do HL art in IB). Hopefully that's the case. Do you mind me asking what the conditions of your offer are?

Yeah, they asked for AAB and one of the A Levels should be Fine Art at grade A
Hello everyone!

I sent my Cardiff portfolio off over 2 months ago... I hope they haven't forgotten me. I've heard from everywhere else though.
Original post by aiphoszh
I sent my Cardiff portfolio off over 2 months ago... I hope they haven't forgotten me. I've heard from everywhere else though.

2 months is a long time... have you tried calling them?
Original post by ellveadn
2 months is a long time... have you tried calling them?

No, maybe I should do that. Thanks :smile:
Reply 475
Hey guys, for the Cardiff portfolio did you have to buy a normal folder for the a4 sheets or buy a proper a4 size portfolio or something. I dunno what to put my pages in!! help :s-smilie:
Reply 476
Original post by adds24
Hey guys, for the Cardiff portfolio did you have to buy a normal folder for the a4 sheets or buy a proper a4 size portfolio or something. I dunno what to put my pages in!! help :s-smilie:

I just printed double sided onto normal A4 paper. Literally put them in an envelope in order and as they were. No folder or anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 477
Original post by aiphoszh

I just assumed Cardiff was one of the architecture courses who takes a while to give out offers. I haven't heard of anyone else with offers from there yet so I wouldn't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 478
I wouldn't don't worry too much if it feels as though it has taken an overly long time compared to other applicants.. You have to keep in mind most universities do not go through applications over the Christmas holiday period!
Can I do architecture without any Art qualification or portfolio. I'm doing Maths and Physics at AS and planning to continue to A2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending