The Student Room Group

Women,how would you react if you saw your bf/partner cry?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ripper Phoenix
whoa OP guys have hormones, they can cry okay.
we arent terminators

obv comfort them unless you're the typical bitch

Posted from TSR Mobile
My religion teacher thought otherwise.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Don't cry and regret missing out when I become the 2nd female PM.

If you make it, I'll be sure to come back and have my white paper passed over your desk.
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
If you make it, I'll be sure to come back and have my white paper passed over your desk.
I'll already be receiving a lot of white papers from my mostly-male cabinet, so I don't think I need any more.
Reply 23
Original post by Biryani007
Hug him and ask him what was wrong...depending on the situation I'd either give him advice or make him his favourite food (or do whatever else that makes him feel happy) to cheer him up...

:angel:

When you say 'whatever else makes him feel happy' do you mean like anal or...
I'd probably cry with him, since I happen to do so quite easily.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
I'll already be receiving a lot of white papers from my mostly-male cabinet, so I don't think I need any more.

I'm sure your filing cabinet will be extremely wide to fit all the white paper's you will have been receiving

:smile:
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
My religion teacher thought otherwise.

Original post by John55

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought after that thread you made that anal would be the last thing on your mind.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by John55

Besides that :erm:
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
I'm sure your filing cabinet will be extremely wide to fit all the white paper's you will have been receiving

:smile:
Paging @liquidity for her expert knowledge on this matter.
Comfort him. Your teacher is an idiot for perpetuating silly societal ideals. Men can and do cry. I don't think any less of someone if they cry.

If anything, if my boyfriend was crying, I would comfort and help him and be touched that we had such trust in each other as to be able to cry and not feel judged or patronised.
Reply 31
[video="youtube;u9sRJ-eOHnc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9sRJ-eOHnc[/video]
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought after that thread you made that anal would be the last thing on your mind.
I would comfort them and try to make them feel better. Men aren't robots, they're allowed to cry. It's nice to have them in touch with their feelings :smile:
I would not think any worse of him and I would be sexist to think it unacceptable. I would comfort him however I could just as he would do the same for me.
Original post by Kadak
Wouldn't comfort them or think he is a crybaby? I remember my teacher telling my class guys shouldn't cry, or else girls would think they are crybaby,so it would come back to hunt him.

If this is true your teacher is a **** and should NEVER be allowed to have any influence on children ever.

Having emotions isn't wrong. It's not bad to cry. The kind of toxic masculinity that says that men cannot show emotion causes mental health problems in men. EVERYONE should be able to talk about how they are feeling. EVERYONE should have people they can turn to if they are struggling. It's not weak to cry. It's not weak to be scared. Anyone of any gender who tells you that your emotions invalidate your gender or make you 'unattractive' or 'unlovable' is someone you need to stay away from.
Give him the biggest kiss in the world and hug him and tell him everything will be ok.
Then we'd watch funny videos together and I'd cheer him up with his favourite food.
Tell em "man up you pussyyyy"

Jk. I'd probably cry too <3
Original post by AvaAdore
I could never previously imagine my partner crying at anything because he is an extremely strong and in some ways stoic character like myself, recently when I saw him overcome with emotion it meant an awful lot in a way that's hard to define. Sometimes the mixture of the strength shown in revealing honest emotion and the vulnerability of letting someone you love and trust see that is an extremely bonding experience.

This.
I'd probably say "sorry".

Because I know it's always my ****ing fault.
Hug him until he feels better

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending