The Student Room Group

How to make that important move?

Hi,

I'm in my first year at university, and there's a girl I've met who I really like. We were both at a Halloween party and spent most of the night talking (perhaps because we were both sober), and she seemed quite flirty/interested. I chilled with her for a couple of hours after everyone else went to the bar, and had really good conversation and I feel that we really click.

Anyway, I really like her and I get the impression she might like me too. I just really suck at the next bit! I'm not 'scared' of embarrassing myself or it not going well, I'd just like it if it did go well. What would you recommend? I'm sure I could ask her to have a coffee/meal/whatever and we'd have a lovely time... but then what? Do you just choose a chill moment and tell her you like her, or wait for a 'special moment' and go for a kiss (whoop, 18 and not kissed a girl before)? I just feel so stupid at this stuff

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Original post by Star Light
Hi,

I'm in my first year at university, and there's a girl I've met who I really like. We were both at a Halloween party and spent most of the night talking (perhaps because we were both sober), and she seemed quite flirty/interested. I chilled with her for a couple of hours after everyone else went to the bar, and had really good conversation and I feel that we really click.

Anyway, I really like her and I get the impression she might like me too. I just really suck at the next bit! I'm not 'scared' of embarrassing myself or it not going well, I'd just like it if it did go well. What would you recommend? I'm sure I could ask her to have a coffee/meal/whatever and we'd have a lovely time... but then what? Do you just choose a chill moment and tell her you like her, or wait for a 'special moment' and go for a kiss (whoop, 18 and not kissed a girl before)? I just feel so stupid at this stuff

Hey, that's great! :smile: Congrats. Ask her out and give her a couple of genuine compliments, be flirty back, have fun with her, let things fall naturally and let the magic happen. You'll know when you feel the kiss part coming on. It doesn't need to be forced if you're not feeling it. I was actually a year older than you when I had my first kiss with a boy. Don't stress about it. I think she'll figure out that you like her so not sure you even need to tell her, but if you want to then by all means.

I can tell you that the first time I kissed a guy was in a cinema, with all the lights out. It came out of nowhere but it was a GOOD surprise! :biggrin: Not that I think every girl is the same, but just go with your gut instinct when you kiss her. I think overthinking things just gets in the way. It makes you tense and it's just best to feel things naturally and try to just relax and have fun.
Original post by Star Light
Hi,

I think you should definitely let her know you have feelings for her, just so that you know that she knows and she can assure you that she may like you too. By the time you ask her for a date it'd probably be obvious but it'd be best to tell her during a moment. Tell her why you like her. Girls are complicated and want to know details. We appreciate everything and every effort. After, when you guys get comfortable knowing you both like each other, enjoy the sensual special moment when you two are just hanging out and you'll know when it's the right time to go for a kiss.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending