The Student Room Group

Retakes

Hello,

I'm reapplying for uni through UCAS after my application last year was unsuccessful. My question is that last year I did retakes from the year before and didn't improve on them (got the same grade in 1 and got a worse grade in 1), do I include this in my application or is there no point?
Original post by Mattestro
Hello,

I'm reapplying for uni through UCAS after my application last year was unsuccessful. My question is that last year I did retakes from the year before and didn't improve on them (got the same grade in 1 and got a worse grade in 1), do I include this in my application or is there no point?

You don't have any choice. You have to declare everything. Ucas is very clear on the matter:
http://help.ucas.com/contract12/index.html
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You don't have any choice. You have to declare everything. Ucas is very clear on the matter:
http://help.ucas.com/contract12/index.html

I get that, it's just difficult to fill out the education section to make it clear what I've done and what I'm doing if that makes sense? For example, AS Maths I did 3 exams and first time round I got BAC, second time round I retook the B and the C and overall achieve CAC. So if I put that I got a C instead of a B in more recent retakes, would they mistake my B as a C?
Original post by Mattestro
I get that, it's just difficult to fill out the education section to make it clear what I've done and what I'm doing if that makes sense? For example, AS Maths I did 3 exams and first time round I got BAC, second time round I retook the B and the C and overall achieve CAC. So if I put that I got a C instead of a B in more recent retakes, would they mistake my B as a C?

I think you can trust them to know their way around a Ucas form. Just do your bit and stop worrying.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I think you can trust them to know their way around a Ucas form. Just do your bit and stop worrying.

Cheers, just find the application online a bit confusing at times!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending