Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

I basically soft closed her, saying I would beat her in a drinking competition. She replied 'I dont think so, I am always winning'.

I asked her out, with a time and date, but she said she had to go home, she then said which days she was at home, and then she is free back to normal.

Was this a nice way of her rejecting me, or should I ask her out again?

also she gave me quick replies thorough the conversation, and the only times she took ages to reply was when i was slow to reply.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt aak her out again tbh
    It seens like she just wants to be friends

ReputationRep:
    the key word is "again"

if you asked her once and she said no, don't ask her out again

(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    I wouldnt aak her out again tbh
    It seens like she just wants to be friends
    (Original post by pizzad0gs)
    the key word is "again"

if you asked her once and she said no, don't ask her out again
    well she may have actually gone home, she said she was home thurs to sunday, and after that she was free again.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I'm not sure if that was a rejection or not, though I can't help but think 'should have said 'what about after that' during that conversation'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I'm not sure if that was a rejection or not, though I can't help but think 'should have said 'what about after that' during that conversation'.
    yeah same here, like she would have said "i can't atm but what about in a few days?" or something along those lines

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Well after that, I asked her if she was free any other days, and she said she was at home thrusday to sunday, then she is free.

(Original post by pizzad0gs)
    yeah same here, like she would have said "i can't atm but what about in a few days?" or something along those lines
    well she did kind off.

Well after that, I asked her if she was free any other days, and she said she was at home thrusday to sunday, then she is free after that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    well she did kind off.

Well after that, I asked her if she was free any other days, and she said she was at home thrusday to sunday, then she is free after that
    ohhh if she said that, and she said she'd like to see you then, then go ahead and ask her out u have my blessing :cool:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Well after that, I asked her if she was free any other days, and she said she was at home thrusday to sunday, then she is free.
    Ask again, rejection sucks but if you're succesful then it's worth it.

ReputationRep:
    I basically soft closed her, saying I would beat her in a drinking competition. She replied 'I dont think so, I am always winning'.

I asked her out, with a time and date, but she said she had to go home, she then said which days she was at home, and then she is free back to normal.

Was this a nice way of her rejecting me, or should I ask her out again?
    I wouldn't call this a rejection so ask her out again when you know she is free. If she says no next time i would just move on.

ReputationRep:
    I would wait and let your friendship develop. Make her like you so much that the thought of not being with you would drive her crazy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.