The Student Room Group

Uni application

I am applying to do psychology at uni, and am trying to make my mind up about choices. So far, my top choice is Nottingham Trent then I am contemplating Oxford Brookes, Portsmouth, Plymouth and De Montfort. What are these universities like?- Regarding the accommodation and the areas.
Reply 1
Original post by kathleeneliza
I am applying to do psychology at uni, and am trying to make my mind up about choices. So far, my top choice is Nottingham Trent then I am contemplating Oxford Brookes, Portsmouth, Plymouth and De Montfort. What are these universities like?- Regarding the accommodation and the areas.

If you're asking about the area, you might be better asking in each individual uni subforum. That way, you'll get people who actually study there.

I currently live in Nottingham and think it's a nice place, but I'm not really the same side of town as the unis. With NTU is does depend which campus you'll be at, as the city campus is in the city (obviously) and the Clifton campus is in Clifton.So you'd have a different experience at either, but can easily travel between the two if you want to.

Hi kathleeneliza,

My name is Ellen and I am a Nottingham Trent Student, so I can answer any questions you have regarding NTU. As you are planning to study psychology, you will be based on our city site, which is where my course is based also!

I love NTU's city site because it is based right in the city centre of Nottingham. It is literally a 5/10 minute walk from the nearest shopping centre, which is really convenient to get any essentials you might need! Also all of the facilities on the City site is really close to each other, with most of the accommodation being a 5 minute walk or less from the lecture theatres and library. I really liked this because if I was running late, then it wasn't as huge of a deal because it took me two minutes to get to my lecture!

I lived in Hampden in my first year, I really enjoyed my time there and made some great friends. All of the accommodation on the city site is really close together, with most of the accommodation being on Hampden Street, which I personally liked because it meant I could easily make friends with other people in different accommodation.

I could literally talk about NTU for hours, but I will stop here for now so I don't bore you with loads of details! However, if you do have any questions about NTU and the city site, please let me know!

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 3
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi kathleeneliza,

My name is Ellen and I am a Nottingham Trent Student, so I can answer any questions you have regarding NTU. As you are planning to study psychology, you will be based on our city site, which is where my course is based also!

I love NTU's city site because it is based right in the city centre of Nottingham. It is literally a 5/10 minute walk from the nearest shopping centre, which is really convenient to get any essentials you might need! Also all of the facilities on the City site is really close to each other, with most of the accommodation being a 5 minute walk or less from the lecture theatres and library. I really liked this because if I was running late, then it wasn't as huge of a deal because it took me two minutes to get to my lecture!

I lived in Hampden in my first year, I really enjoyed my time there and made some great friends. All of the accommodation on the city site is really close together, with most of the accommodation being on Hampden Street, which I personally liked because it meant I could easily make friends with other people in different accommodation.

I could literally talk about NTU for hours, but I will stop here for now so I don't bore you with loads of details! However, if you do have any questions about NTU and the city site, please let me know!

Thanks,

Ellen

I have NTU as my top choice for doing my PGCE next September!

I missed out on halls for my undergrad as I am a commuter (Home Student). I really want to experience halls or something similar! I don't mind the loudness of what halls is expected to be like but my only issue is being put with 18 yr old first years that! I want a mix of 3rd year and possibly postgrads! I still enjoy going out and drinking!

Does NTU have any halls for 3rd years and postgrads???I dont want to be bored :')

P.s I'm at LJMU and cant wait to move to a new uni!!
Original post by Aaron3001
I have NTU as my top choice for doing my PGCE next September!

I missed out on halls for my undergrad as I am a commuter (Home Student). I really want to experience halls or something similar! I don't mind the loudness of what halls is expected to be like but my only issue is being put with 18 yr old first years that! I want a mix of 3rd year and possibly postgrads! I still enjoy going out and drinking!

Does NTU have any halls for 3rd years and postgrads???I dont want to be bored :':wink:

P.s I'm at LJMU and cant wait to move to a new uni!!

Hi Aaron3001,

Liverpool to Nottingham, that is an exciting move! If you have any questions about Nottingham as a city let me know and I will try and answer!

Regarding your question, we don't have any halls that are just for postgrads. However, we do have flats that are specifically for postgraduates, which when you are booking you will be able to see.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen

Hi kathleeneliza,

The number 1 thing I'd do is have a look around all of the universities- looking at prospectuses and talking to people only does so much- and since you have applied, we do have an applicant days here December, Jan, Feb and March, so come along to one of those! https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/study/applicant-journey/applicant-days

I stayed in Plymouth halls first year, and found them rather nice- and it's a 2 min walk to the campus from most of them! if you have any other questions, give me a shout with #chatwithplym

Paul- 3rd year, Chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending