The Student Room Group

UCAS form and previous courses

Does anybody know if I should put down a previous degree that I withdrew from before completing any modules or assignments? I know we're supposed to put failed grades and so on, but what if we officially withdrew from a course before any grades were attempted?
Reply 1
Original post by chuchip
Does anybody know if I should put down a previous degree that I withdrew from before completing any modules or assignments? I know we're supposed to put failed grades and so on, but what if we officially withdrew from a course before any grades were attempted?

This is probably the wrong place to post this, ask the moderators to move it to Applications and UCAS. However, if you officially withdrew, then you never completed the course, so I doubt you would have to put it on there. You could try calling UCAS to clarify.
Original post by chuchip

If you didn't ever complete any modules, and also didn't fail them (in that you took the exams/did the assignments but didn't pass and that's why you withdrew) then you don't declare it, there's nothing to declare. I did this, but I also emailed all my prospective universities and told them what had happened (my educational background is quite muddled with a mix of HE and FE in no discernible order, unless you know the background story). So it might be worth supplementing your application with something like this if you feel the need to explain why you withdrew, or why your educational background might not be traditional.
Reply 3
Thanks for the replies, folks! :smile:
Original post by chuchip

Original post by SuperCat007
If you didn't ever complete any modules, and also didn't fail them (in that you took the exams/did the assignments but didn't pass and that's why you withdrew) then you don't declare it, there's nothing to declare. I did this, but I also emailed all my prospective universities and told them what had happened (my educational background is quite muddled with a mix of HE and FE in no discernible order, unless you know the background story). So it might be worth supplementing your application with something like this if you feel the need to explain why you withdrew, or why your educational background might not be traditional.

This isn't correct I'm afraid.

Any attendance at an educational institution for longer than 2 weeks must be listed on your UCAS application.

It should be clear from your dates of attendance that no modules or credits were complete.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending