The Student Room Group

Does my boyfriend have feelings for another girl?

(edited 7 years ago)
Confront him! It sounds like he likes her but the only way to know for sure is it get it out of him or her (or his phone)
Reply 2
This is why looking at your partners phone is never a good idea... even if it's totally innocent you will never get it out of your head that nothing is going on or that he doesn't have feelings for her now. I'd say the trust is gone and this relationship is doomed.

Is he not bothered you keep checking up on him?
Reply 3
If you try and stop him, you will push him away.

If you fight for him and be extra loving to him, you might keep him. If you truly love him, this is what you should do. Put that jealously to good use and fight for your man. Remember you're always competing with others for him and he doesn't owe you anything.
I guess just ignore whats on his phone because that may not be at all what it seems and if you're suspicious of something just tell him, have a conversation about it and show that you're willing to listen to what he has to say then, if you're still suspicious, maybe think about ending it? if this is really worrying you it kinda implies a lack of trust (speaking from experience) which just means that things like this will happen over and over and over again...

obviously what i'm saying could be totally moronic so if it sounds that way then pay no attention to me :tongue:
why are people telling you to ignore what you saw? :lol:

If you have a bad gut feeling about this, act on it. But to be completely honest with you, he'll most like deny it when you confront him.

I guess it isn't harmful to have a crush on people even if you're in a relationship but actually having a full-blown conversation about it with your friend...? Nah :naughty:
Reply 6
Thank you for everybody's advice! I am aware there is a lack of trust but this comes from myself, suffering with my anxiety i am constantly paranoid about everything and project it onto him. We've talked about it and he's assured me there is nothing and I do believe him. I am a bit up and down to be honest
Truth never remains hidden,
the same thing he did will did to her.it is like gold digging.You better a honest one.
Thanks......
Original post by livsep
So theres this girl in my year who's reasonably pretty and my boyfriend used to speak to her around 2.5 years ago before we got together but he fancied someone else blah blah blah. We've been together for a year and a half and he always tells me how much he loves me and stuff, however, this time last year i started to get suspicious of his intentions with this girl, the problem is that they're in all of the same classes and they interacted quite frequently on social media privately but he said there was nothing there and i believed him. However about 6 months ago i found messages on his phone to one of his friends saying he fancied her when i confronted him about it he denied the whole thing!!! i still havent got over it and i asked him to have minimal to no contact with her over social media(is this unreasonable???) Anyway today I found on his phone today that shes his #2 best friend on snapchat and theyve been sending messages over snapchat and i cant see the messages either. PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO. I NEED HELP.

Regardless of what's going on, never understood why people go through their partners phone, shows a lack of trust. Think you both need to talk to each other about these issues.
Rely on your instinct , remember your an animal

Spoiler

Original post by livsep
So theres this girl in my year who's reasonably pretty and my boyfriend used to speak to her around 2.5 years ago before we got together but he fancied someone else blah blah blah. We've been together for a year and a half and he always tells me how much he loves me and stuff, however, this time last year i started to get suspicious of his intentions with this girl, the problem is that they're in all of the same classes and they interacted quite frequently on social media privately but he said there was nothing there and i believed him. However about 6 months ago i found messages on his phone to one of his friends saying he fancied her when i confronted him about it he denied the whole thing!!! i still havent got over it and i asked him to have minimal to no contact with her over social media(is this unreasonable???) Anyway today I found on his phone today that shes his #2 best friend on snapchat and theyve been sending messages over snapchat and i cant see the messages either. PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO. I NEED HELP.

Paranoid much? "2.5 years ago" "no contact with her" "#2 best friend"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending