The Student Room Group

Psychology A-level choice!

Hello,
I am contemplating to do psychology A-level alongside Maths,Economics and History. I don't know too much of the subject (i did not do psychology GCSE), Can you please enlighten me about psychology A-level.
I'm currently in my first year of A-level doing History, Maths, Psychology and Philosophy and Ethics(Quite similar to your choices). I've done Psychology at GCSE ( Got an A) and also carried it onto A level so I can tell you quite a bit about it. Personally, I really enjoy Psychology as it really is quite a chill subject. It requires decent essay writing skills and mostly requires you to learn and remember independent theories and case studies for a Topic such as Memory or Attachment. I'll be quite blunt with you, With Psychology, how much you revise and put in will be a definite outcome of your result. It's one of those subjects that really acquires you to learn but most importantly understand different theories as well as the strengths and weaknesses of theories. I'll really recommend you to look at past papers so you can get a feel of the subject and decide whether it really is for you. Feels free to ask me ANY more questions:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Hasanalm
I'm currently in my first year of A-level doing History, Maths, Psychology and Philosophy and Ethics(Quite similar to your choices). I've done Psychology at GCSE ( Got an A) and also carried it onto A level so I can tell you quite a bit about it. Personally, I really enjoy Psychology as it really is quite a chill subject. It requires decent essay writing skills and mostly requires you to learn and remember independent theories and case studies for a Topic such as Memory or Attachment. I'll be quite blunt with you, With Psychology, how much you revise and put in will be a definite outcome of your result. It's one of those subjects that really acquires you to learn but most importantly understand different theories as well as the strengths and weaknesses of theories. I'll really recommend you to look at past papers so you can get a feel of the subject and decide whether it really is for you. Feels free to ask me ANY more questions:smile:

Thank you for the reply. I've heard that psychology with out biology A-LEVEL will be extremely hard, is that true?
Original post by ahmed3140
Thank you for the reply. I've heard that psychology with out biology A-LEVEL will be extremely hard, is that true?

Whoever had told you that is 100% false. There is no correlation in achievement between student who do biology and psychology and people who do just the one.
will it be too hard if i do psychology with math and biology???:smile:
Reply 5
not bad

Quick Reply

Latest