What grades do you get at the end of the first year of an extended diploma?

Watch
Vladpootin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Im currenty doing a BTEC L3 Extended diploma in IT. I understabd by the end of the two years you get 3 grades but what do you get after completng the first year?
Thanks
suirrel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I believe you get 2 grades. The first year is the diploma (which count as 2 A levels) and the 2nd year is the extended part.
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
With BTEC i don't you get anything at the end of your first year as in a getting an actual certificate but at least you know what grade you get
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vladpootin)
Im currenty doing a BTEC L3 Extended diploma in IT. I understabd by the end of the two years you get 3 grades but what do you get after completng the first year?
Thanks
The first year of the Extended Diploma is a 90-Credit Diploma (1.5 A levels) which consists of 2 grades e.g. DM where the first grade is equivalent to an A level and the second equiv to an AS level - it is not the standard Diploma (2 A levels) or a Subsidiary Diploma (1 A level) in most cases it is the 90-credit diploma which makes more sense as it covers half the course suirrel YeFool

in your second year you will top this up to an Extended Diploma completing a further 90 credits to meet the required 180 for the Extended diploma, this is usually 9x 10 credit units in each year

but again, to answer your question, for just the first year you get a BTEC Level 3 90 credit diploma which is worth 1.5 A levels and you receive 2 grades for this
suirrel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by yt7777)
The first year of the Extended Diploma is a 90-Credit Diploma (1.5 A levels) which consists of 2 grades e.g. DM where the first grade is equivalent to an A level and the second equiv to an AS level - it is not the standard Diploma (2 A levels) or a Subsidiary Diploma (1 A level) in most cases it is the 90-credit diploma which makes more sense as it covers half the course suirrel YeFool

in your second year you will top this up to an Extended Diploma completing a further 90 credits to meet the required 180 for the Extended diploma, this is usually 9x 10 credit units in each year

but again, to answer your question, for just the first year you get a BTEC Level 3 90 credit diploma which is worth 1.5 A levels and you receive 2 grades for this
Thank you for the clarification! At my college they refer to the first year as just the "diploma" -- I didn't consider that the regular diploma was not 90 credits although it seems so obvious now.
Vladpootin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thanks for the replies everyone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
60.82%
No (67)
39.18%

Watched Threads