The Student Room Group

If you drop out of university can you never come back?

I'm in my undergraduate year at university of Sheffield and I recently formally withdrew from university - filled in the forms and handed in my keys, everything. Really starting to think I rushed the decision due to being depressed and now I feel like I want to give the next semester a try. Wish I could just pick up where I left off at Sheffield - is there any way I could? Advice please
ask admissions
Original post by Annieruthw
I'm in my undergraduate year at university of Sheffield and I recently formally withdrew from university - filled in the forms and handed in my keys, everything. Really starting to think I rushed the decision due to being depressed and now I feel like I want to give the next semester a try. Wish I could just pick up where I left off at Sheffield - is there any way I could? Advice please

IMO you must have been pretty sure you wanted to withdraw when you were filling those forms in?

can you clarify how many years funding you've already recieved - might be worth asking the uni if you could continue where you left off at some point in the future but next semester might not be great if you're not managing your depression well yet as uni can exacerbate mental health problems.
You could restart the year but you wouldn't be able to just continue where you left off
Reply 4
It would depend on the uni and the course. Your best bet is to contact your former Course Leader and ask. You may be able to restart the course if you've left in first term, or restart the year next September if you're further through. It would be entirely up to the uni and each case will be decided on its individual merits, so there's no way anyone here can give you a definitive answer.

Do be sure that the reasons you withdrew, have been resolved and will not recur. You don't want to put your health at risk by rushing back to uni, when maybe a break from studying would be better for you.

Check the Student Finance situation though. You get one "grace" year of funding, so if this was your first term you should be able to restart from your first year and still get your full entitlement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending